Building

• I turned off surface edit mode - arrow and up/down keys only move the element.

When the element is upside down and I turn on the surface edit mode - the red dots are where I left off - the bottom.

no change.

• I turned off surface edit mode - arrow and up/down keys only move the element.

When the element is upside down and I turn on the surface edit mode - the red dots are where I left off - the bottom.

no change.

Yes ATM that is how it works, so at a guess that may change and we may get to edit any side oO

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

no change.

I think you need to read up a bit about the basic controls ;)

ctrl key + arrow keys / Pgup/PgDn = rotating the block

shift key + arrow keys / PgUp/PgDn = resizing the block

Return-Key = turn docking mode on/off

Hit ctrl key once = hold the block in place without having to keep holding any button

• he is talking about edit one side mode moving to another side, it does not matter what way you spin the block it only gives you the same side to edit, well that's how its been working for me too

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • he is talking about edit one side mode moving to another side, it does not matter what way you spin the block it only gives you the same side to edit, well that's how its been working for me too

thats not how i understood it. He asked how to get the red dots on another side. I answered him that he can do that only on one side but he can rotate the block to have the alternative shape on another side. He said he doesn´t know how to turn the block and that was my answer.

But maybe i really understood it wrong ;)

• thats not how i understood it. He asked how to get the red dots on another side. I answered him that he can do that only on one side but he can rotate the block to have the alternative shape on another side. He said he doesn´t know how to turn the block and that was my answer.

But maybe i really understood it wrong ;)

its all confusing but im thinking he is asking to edit the other side with the red dots lets say the side with the dots is side A you finish editing side A and now want to do side B, well no matter what you do if you spin the object or move around it the red dots stay on side A even if you turn off the side edit tool then spin the object then turn on the side edit tool the dots are still on side A but now side A is moved the dots never move to another side, ive tried to do this too and on his post

I turned off surface edit mode - arrow and up/down keys only move the element.

no change.

^^^^^ it became more clear thats what hes trying todo

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Yea, would be nice to be able to do this. HOwever there IS a solution...

Just edit 6 blocks, each with 1 side, and then rotate each block and move it inside the previous one. that way you have the look of 1 block with 6 different sides - if that is what is required.

with the blueprints its even possible to resize them (with some limitation)

• Yea, would be nice to be able to do this. HOwever there IS a solution...

Just edit 6 blocks, each with 1 side, and then rotate each block and move it inside the previous one. that way you have the look of 1 block with 6 different sides - if that is what is required.

with the blueprints its even possible to resize them (with some limitation)

That sounds interesting 8| but will that cause the world to implode :thinking: or maybe send us all into a parallel dimension :wat:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!