J'offre la traduction du jeu en Français / I offer the translation of the game in French / Ich biete die Übersetzung des Spiels ins "French" an

• Bonjour,
    Je possède le jeu depuis décembre 2015 et j'avais cru un jour qu'on l'aurait mis en français mais hélas peu de chose ont bougée.
    J'en ai assez de ne pas profiter de ce jeu en français et je propose de le traduire comme je l'ai fait pour le jeu RenMant. Je propose de le faire gratuitement.
    Vous pouvez me joindre sur mon Steam ou ici même. C'est une proposition sérieuse !

Hello,

I own the game since december 2015 and I had thought one day that it would be put in french but alas few things have moved.

I am tired of not enjoying this game in French and I propose to translate it as I did for the game RenMant. I propose to do it for free.

You can reach me on my Steam or here. This is a serious proposal!

Guten Tag!

Ich besitze das Spiel seit Dezember 2015 und ich dachte eines Tages, dass es auf Französisch veröffentlicht werden würde, aber leider hat sich nicht viel getan.

Ich bin es leid, dass ich das Spiel nicht auf Deutsch genießen kann und schlage vor, es zu übersetzen, wie ich es für das Spiel RenMant getan habe. Ich biete an, dies kostenlos zu tun.

Sie können mich auf meinem Steam oder hier erreichen. Das ist ein ernst gemeinter Vorschlag!

• Thanks a lot for offering your help, we really appreciate that! :) It's definitely our intention to add support for more languages in the future. However, it's a bit problematic to do that while the game is still under active development... the problem is that the language files change with every update, but if we have to maintain support for languages other than German or English (which we can localize ourselves), that would further slow down development... for this reason, we only want to add more languages once the game is out of early access (or at least in late beta state).

Having said that, we definitely want to encourage community translations. For this reason, the language files of the new version are easily accessible. They're located in the game folder under "/Data/StreamingAssets/Languages". You can either modify the existing files with a text editor or create a new one (e.g. "fr.json" for French). Internally we're working with BabelEdit to handle translation, which makes it a bit easier to modify the files or add new languages based on the existing .json files.

• Thanks a lot for offering your help, we really appreciate that! :) It's definitely our intention to add support for more languages in the future. However, it's a bit problematic to do that while the game is still under active development... the problem is that the language files change with every update, but if we have to maintain support for languages other than German or English (which we can localize ourselves), that would further slow down development... for this reason, we only want to add more languages once the game is out of early access (or at least in late beta state).

Having said that, we definitely want to encourage community translations. For this reason, the language files of the new version are easily accessible. They're located in the game folder under "/Data/StreamingAssets/Languages". You can either modify the existing files with a text editor or create a new one (e.g. "fr.json" for French). Internally we're working with BabelEdit to handle translation, which makes it a bit easier to modify the files or add new languages based on the existing .json files.

Maybe you could try service like crowdwin (https://crowdin.com/).

E.g. Vintagestory uses it to get community translation (https://crowdin.com/project/vintage-story-game). It should be as easy as upload en.json and translators will translate it. Then with every release you just sync the translation files. (I know it is simplified and it need a little bit more time, especially at the beginning, but then ... :party:)

Waiting to get out of EA is not the best idea, it can take years and what then?

Translating all string take a long time, people are doing it for free in they spare time. If you start with it in EA, translations will slowly adapt and at the time of release you will have lot of translations available.

You can set limits, if the translation is 60% done, it will be implemented in the game. Add some warning in the GUI, that this is community translation and add link.

You can start with JAVA version of the game.

It is probably not developed heavily anymore, but it is still a good game and the only option till unity version is ready. Translation for it would be great.

• You can start with JAVA version of the game.

It is probably not developed heavily anymore, but it is still a good game and the only option till unity version is ready. Translation for it would be great.

I'm not sure that Java version have support for translations, all existing ones were made as patches, while Unity version has JSON translations.

Java version will be not developed anymore, it will become legacy version when Unity will be finished, so there is no reason to introduce large code changes made specially for translations and provide these translations for it. All development should be focused on Unity as it will completely replace Java during, probably, half of a year.

But I can agree that translations can be started even now :). Data that is required to be translated can be updated on each large game update and merged with already translated files. This functional is provided by translation services (as mentioned above), and it allows translate games that are in active development. Updates for translations can be a small patches published after 1-2 weeks of game releases. I think there will be enough volunteers to completely translate the game on some languages and update translations during development

• I'm not sure that Java version have support for translations, all existing ones were made as patches, while Unity version has JSON translations.

Java version will be not developed anymore, it will become legacy version when Unity will be finished, so there is no reason to introduce large code changes made specially for translations and provide these translations for it. All development should be focused on Unity as it will completely replace Java during, probably, half of a year.

Oh, understand. I thought java uses json as well.

Then Unity only.

• I'm not sure that Java version have support for translations, all existing ones were made as patches, while Unity version has JSON translations.

I found it, the translation is pretty easy to do, by changing file in .../data/risingworld-core.jar/risingworld-core/bundles/, but there is a problem with unicode characters. Not all can be correctly displayed.

Unfortunately it is not going to change anymore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!