Modular building mode question

• Are the next/previous pivot point keys (default ',' and '.') not implemented or have I misunderstood their purpose? I set modular snapping to 'on' but the keys do nothing although the mouse can be moved to highlight different pivot points. I tried remapping the keys but to no avail.

TIA

EDIT Forgot to say, rotation around the highlighted pivot works as expected it's just the ,/. keys that don't seem to do anything

• Are the next/previous pivot point keys (default ',' and '.') not implemented or have I misunderstood their purpose? I set modular snapping to 'on' but the keys do nothing although the mouse can be moved to highlight different pivot points. I tried remapping the keys but to no avail.

TIA

EDIT Forgot to say, rotation around the highlighted pivot works as expected it's just the ,/. keys that don't seem to do anything

Have you tried to fix the part with Strg and use ,/., without using modular snapping? I don't use ,., it's just my guess.

• Thanks Avanar and Deirdre but using Ctrl doesn't have any effect.

I think modular mode is working as intended eg a cube can be rotated around any of the pivot points of an adjacent element, it's just that those two keys (,.) don't seem to do anything. I don't foresee a great use for it but it would be nice to know what it does just in case :D

• The keys , and . are for changing the position of the block you are holding relative to the selected pivot point WHILE in manual pivot mode

Help says these keys select next/prev pivot (not changing block position) if modular snapping is active (which it is) and "pivot mode is set to manual (see context menu)" but it doesn't seem possible to bring up the radial/context menu while in build mode. If I also set manual positioning to on the situation is the same ie the ,/. keys don't work.

The F1 help screen doesn't seem very clear, I was going to suggest some alternative text which is why I'm trying to work out how all of the build functions work exactly :D

• As Yaromid mentioned, the next/prev pivot keys indeed only work if manual pivot mode is active :) You can bring up the radial/context menu by holding C (while holding a block in your hands).

The , and . keys don't work though if manual positioning is active.

• As Yaromid mentioned, the next/prev pivot keys indeed only work if manual pivot mode is active :) You can bring up the radial/context menu by holding C (while holding a block in your hands).

The , and . keys don't work though if manual positioning is active.

OK I see what the problem is: I have the middle mouse button (click) set as interact/context and that binding doesn't work in building mode.

If I use the default 'c' all is well.

• OK I see what the problem is: I have the middle mouse button (click) set as interact/context and that binding doesn't work in building mode.

Oh, indeed :wat: It looks like the middle mouse button automatically closes the radial menu... sorry for the confusion, we'll fix that with the next update!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!