Building a roof.

• IM currently trying to build a roof on a house. I'm no architect and can spend a lot of time on trying to get it right. I thought I'd ask the forum how do you create a roof and what is the easiest way to do it other than the ole Minecraft way heheh? I am doing it in parts but if there is a better way, please help. Picture included

• I would suggest you use woodbeams as support to get the right angle. At a straight roof I always look for the center of a the walls around. But it's extremely difficult to explain how to build a roof. There a different kind of roofs. It might be the best to look at drawings or pictures how the desired roof is built. Some people use ramps as support and remove them later.

A hipped roof is probably the most difficult roof to build. You would have to try to get to the middle of your roof from the 4 outer sides.

If your house walls are the thickness of blocks, i would use ramps and ramp corners for the roof for simplicity and remove them later

• Hi Remmy like what Avanar & Deirdre said both are good ways to try unfortunately I would just say it's a trial and error when building roofs that look good but using planks/beams are possible the best way.

Maybe you could upload a blueprint of that building and see who can make a good job of it? and maybe that idea could even be a good thing for the Rising World community to try, someone uploads a project and then someone else adds something to it and just see what everyone comes up with.

• I would suggest you use woodbeams as support to get the right angle. At a straight roof I always look for the center of a the walls around. But it's extremely difficult to explain how to build a roof. There a different kind of roofs. It might be the best to look at drawings or pictures how the desired roof is built. Some people use ramps as support and remove them later.

A hipped roof is probably the most difficult roof to build. You would have to try to get to the middle of your roof from the 4 outer sides.

If your house walls are the thickness of blocks, i would use ramps and ramp corners for the roof for simplicity and remove them later

Do people prefer block type builds or as I have done in the picture by stretching out and making thinner walls etc? And yes I have found i had to use temp blocks to be able to centre some parts. each tile on the slopes of the roof is a long thin slope. There are 12 on each slope and they are overlapped to give that roof effect.

• Hi Remmy like what Avanar & Deirdre said both are good ways to try unfortunately I would just say it's a trial and error when building roofs that look good but using planks/beams are possible the best way.

Maybe you could upload a blueprint of that building and see who can make a good job of it? and maybe that idea could even be a good thing for the Rising World community to try, someone uploads a project and then someone else adds something to it and just see what everyone comes up with.

That might be a good idea. I will def think about it thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!