Congrats-Suggestions-Updates and all the best :)

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to gratefully thank you red51 and all the team, for this amazing game.

Don't know if you're conscious how great it is, but hey, have to say it again ^^ :thumbup:

Even I heard some guys saying this is a minecraft 4.0... hahaa, but yes this is definitively the best survival/building/"bac à sable" game ever made in the world... you have to be proud of it :)

And it's just the beginning, can imagine all the stuff finish with all the biomes, all the animals, all the caves, all the mechanics, vehicles, etc... that will be very very amazing you know

So congrats to you and all the team to made it happen and bring all the missing parts to the goal.

I would like to underline here 3 steps that I would like to communicate.

1) The good points of the game

2) The "bad" points of the game

and

3) The expectations/suggestions/unavoidable must have ^^

1)

-One of the most important and great in your game, is that there are no f**ing zombies... Oh men, you don't even know how good it is to have a survival game noways, which is not a "zombinoïde" annoying game !! This is too good, this makes you breathe and breathe again... so fresh!! Thank you for that (and hope it's not intended to bring them to the game hahaa)

This, combined to the fact that you have bandits instead... that turn it more realistic, "natural", breathable, etc... lol

-Also the fact that you have all of this with very beautiful graphics with Unity engine and voxelled... so so good :thumbup:

-I tested a bit you creative mod and creative/molding tools... hooo... this is insane o_O... very very good too.

I take this opportunity to ask you, that when I select the tool to delete vegetation, all works fine selection, etc... but when I hit the button to delete the selected area... that just don't work, that does nothing... if I'm not wrong the right key is "delete" keyboard input?

Well let's talk about "bad" points now

2)

- Nothing... hahaa :D

-No, more seriously, for me, there near nothing to point here... maybe just 2 little things

-Maybe in future adjustment terrain generation, have something more smooth/flat to construct and hills not that so abrupt/verticalish... the height is ok, with all the snow etc... but sometimes you have that impression that the hill in front of you is like a wall... too much vertical sometimes

-and the second one, is the fact that when you smooth the terrain (in survival as well as in creative) you have not the possibility to do a small angle between the current smooth level and the next smooth level, that does like a little "stair" between both, that would be great if you have the possibility to choose/configure your smooth terrain level, to make it more linear (without this kind of terrain stairs...)

That's it ^^

Now the "expectations/suggestions/unavoidable must have" :)

3)

-starting with the notion of having a "realistic/natural" game... if I'm not wrong, I think in all the animals that you have implemented in Java edition, you don't have implemented wolfs... (don't know if they were planned though) but man, wolfs are a "must have", I imagine in this new generation world, when I walk through this "mixed" forest (not the "spruce forest", this one is lovely for bears... ^^) I cannot stop about seeing wolfs sniffing me lurking behind me etc... that would be very very amazing and scaring... this terrain smells too much their hunting-ground :thumbup:

-staying in this realistic view... I see in Java edition you have implemented some kind of demolished home 'structures' it is very good and hope can see it here as well, but this combined with bandits walking around (want them to travel the world just like as they did before), that would be very very cool if you can implement some kind of bandit camps... just like you are walking around, finding ores, wood, etc... and then... "kaboom"... you face a camp with this guys that defend it, and of course you can just skip them, but, maybe also implementing some reward stuff (very rare or difficult stuff to craft, even maybe some stuff that you cannot craft and only obtain in cleanning up camps, that could make an interesting challenge though) to catch in, if you overcome them. And an interesting part would be if some of them have their individual skills... like one would have a bow, another one a knife, another one even maybe a fire gun, another one heavily armored, etc etc... that could brings a bit of challenge and you will never attack a camp on the same way... every time would be a different approach depending on how much they are, how type of skilled bandits are in etc...

-And last one right quick, as well as wolfs, would be to have crocodiles... I thought I heard that the swamp biome was planned to Java version, hope (but, probably sur it will) this one will come to Unity also, and have crocos here, is a "must have" too... ;)

Ok, sorry for this wall of text, but, yeah... I had too tell you how good your game is, and some points of my perspective :thumbup:

Hope you will have a great success (no doubts on it), for sure, more you will update it and bring the missing parts and fine-tune it more people would come... And one day, this game will be played by millions of persons ( mark my words ;) :thumbup: )

PS: When can we (approximately), play with NPCs? <3

Waiting for the incoming updates, I wish to you all, all the best ;)

Greattings

• Hehe, thank you very much for your kind words and your feedback! :) :thumbup:

I take this opportunity to ask you, that when I select the tool to delete vegetation, all works fine selection, etc... but when I hit the button to delete the selected area... that just don't work, that does nothing... if I'm not wrong the right key is "delete" keyboard input?

Hmm... DEL is indeed the correct key for the creative mode removal tools :thinking: Did it happen with trees, or with smaller plants (flowers etc)? When it comes to trees, make sure the roots are covered (or at least the tree stump).

-Maybe in future adjustment terrain generation, have something more smooth/flat to construct and hills not that so abrupt/verticalish... the height is ok, with all the snow etc... but sometimes you have that impression that the hill in front of you is like a wall... too much vertical sometimes

It's indeed our intention to add more options to determine the total amount of mountains that should spawn in the world, and also to determine how flat it should be in general ^^ But unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet...

-and the second one, is the fact that when you smooth the terrain (in survival as well as in creative) you have not the possibility to do a small angle between the current smooth level and the next smooth level, that does like a little "stair" between both, that would be great if you have the possibility to choose/configure your smooth terrain level, to make it more linear (without this kind of terrain stairs...)

Yeah, unfortunately the smoothing tool still works like in the Java version :/ The new version is capable of generating smoother terrain, but unfortunately you can't recreate it with the smoothing tools yet... but this is on our to-do list :)

-starting with the notion of having a "realistic/natural" game... if I'm not wrong, I think in all the animals that you have implemented in Java edition, you don't have implemented wolfs... (don't know if they were planned though) but man, wolfs are a "must have", I imagine in this new generation world, when I walk through this "mixed" forest (not the "spruce forest", this one is lovely for bears... ^^) I cannot stop about seeing wolfs sniffing me lurking behind me etc... that would be very very amazing and scaring... this terrain smells too much their hunting-ground :thumbup:

Hehe, wolfs were indeed planned for the Java version back then, but they never made it into the game unfortunately... but it's our intention to add them to the new version ;)

I see in Java edition you have implemented some kind of demolished home 'structures' it is very good and hope can see it here as well, but this combined with bandits walking around (want them to travel the world just like as they does before), that would be very very cool if you can implement some kind of bandit camps...

Bandit camps are on our to-do list :) The idea was that new bandits will keep spawning there over time (if bandit population in that area gets too low) unless you wipe out the camp ^^

This will be an optional feature though, so people could disable bandit camps if they don't want to deal with them^^

-And last one right quick, as well as wolfs, would be to have crocodiles... I thought I heard that the swamp biome was planned to Java version, hope (but, probably sur it will) this one will come to Unity also, and have crocos here, is a "must have" too... ;)

Crocodiles are also planned :D

PS: When can we (approximately), play with NPCs? <3

It is our intention to get them ready this year, but unfortunately I can't guarentee that... it depends a bit on how long it will take to finalize the current world gen update (hotfixes etc) ^^

• Hehe, thank you very much for your kind words and your feedback! :) :thumbup:

No worries, it's a pleasure :)

Hmm... DEL is indeed the correct key for the creative mode removal tools :thinking: Did it happen with trees, or with smaller plants (flowers etc)? When it comes to trees, make sure the roots are covered (or at least the tree stump).

Just retried and now that works... lol don't know... anyway, it's ok, Thank you ^^

It's indeed our intention to add more options to determine the total amount of mountains that should spawn in the world, and also to determine how flat it should be in general ^^ But unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet...

Sounds good, super :thumbup:

Yeah, unfortunately the smoothing tool still works like in the Java version :/ The new version is capable of generating smoother terrain, but unfortunately you can't recreate it with the smoothing tools yet... but this is on our to-do list :)

Glad to hear then :wow:

Hehe, wolfs were indeed planned for the Java version back then, but they never made it into the game unfortunately... but it's our intention to add them to the new version ;)

Crocodiles are also planned :D

oooh that would be fantastic!!! Nice! :thumbup: Thank you, and they will come with the "nearest" NPC update that arrives?! :thinking::drooling: ^^

Bandit camps are on our to-do list :) The idea was that new bandits will keep spawning there over time (if bandit population in that area gets too low) unless you wipe out the camp ^^

Nice, so good then "bandit camps" :wow: make them with different skills to have different approches when wiping the camp.... that will challange players and break a kind of "repetition" methode to get it done ^^ :thumbup:

Anyway, Vielen Danke, for your prompt response

All the best ;)

Cheers

• -Maybe in future adjustment terrain generation, have something more smooth/flat to construct and hills not that so abrupt/verticalish... the height is ok, with all the snow etc... but sometimes you have that impression that the hill in front of you is like a wall... too much vertical sometimes

I know not everybody wants to do this, I had to for my side. I tried to find a 'median' (middle ground) then tried to level it off using the iron pickaxe. It be nice to have more flat ground, and this was the flattest around. I had to painstakingly (for hours) dig away, and I still do. I'm planning to build a towering castle wall, or something to connect the the lower half with the upper half. Something "scenic".

Once we get more biomes I'm willing to expand to more urban-willing landscapes for various builds. Thank Red51 we have rakes and sledgehammers. If not, I'd be raging.

And this is why I always ask for help (I get ignored, and insulted), or even continuously request NPC help recalling the lovely Minecraft modded 'Turtle' gadget. Not to pressure Red51, just that NPCs who help you and join you would be a blessing. The amount of times I got insulted and raged at by people for needing help building roads in Minecraft and Rising World. People don't have patience that they need in these games, Flight Sim, etc. Once I'm done with my projects I'm proud of what I've built. It's why I'm in bad terms with various people, or one of the reasons why. People don't like building in a building game. NPCs don't insult you back, unless programmed to do so. :nerd:

That's awesome. I hope they're coded in a way to stalk you before attacking in numbers. Rally others nearby to then attack you in a swarm. Like bees. Bears need to be more neutral, though am aware they attack when feeling threatened. Attracted when smelling food.

I'm still curious if curious chest-hunting Raccoons are a thing. I hope it is. I'll even donate, if necessary, to make it happen. How much to make it happen? I'll give money.

This will be an optional feature though, so people could disable bandit camps if they don't want to deal with them^^

That's excellent. I'm happy.

I'm assuming pirate camps on beaches are the same way? What about pirate ships on water, that also a thing or was that part of my imagination? Granted, you're overworked so I won't pressure you on that front. Whatever finds its way into Rising World I'm happy with.

Happy with the new tidbits in this posting. :monocle:

• Yeah, I tried it with a peckaxe as well, but as I said the gap still the same (too big)... and the smooth angle still the same... you can try to smooth it here and there to don't turn it too obvious/visible, but meh... still not great thing...

Don't pay too much attention to those guys that are not respectful, they don't deserves your attention then ;)

Not sure about pirates to this game though... (that will not fits very well IMO, that will make me think of something more "vikingish" game"...), but maybe some underwater immerse wrecks... why not ^^

red51 also sea life : vegetation, corals and dolphins wales etc... I know it's planned, because I see in creative all the sea vegetation and corals, and in Java they were also sharks... so I have no worries about Sea Improvements hehee :thumbup:

Also forgot to tell you about Character Edit, but I know it's planned as well ;) but please try to add the possibility to edit not only the face but also the entire body ^^

Cheers peeps

• Yeah, I tried it with a peckaxe as well, but as I said the gap still the same (too big)... and the smooth angle still the same... you can try to smooth it here and there to don't turn it too obvious/visible, but meh... still not great thing...

In general I was flattening the terrain to have place to build. If you mean merging the builds with the terrain's slope, I understand. There is a way to use the 'c' key to merge your builds with the terrain. Give it a whirl.

Don't pay too much attention to those guys that are not respectful, they don't deserves your attention then ;)

Thanks. I know I shouldn't. I'm actually having fun building my builds for future preparations of upcoming updates.

Not sure about pirates to this game though... (that will not fits very well IMO, that will make me think of something more "vikingish" game"...), but maybe some underwater immerse wrecks... why not ^^

Red51 desired roaming pirates, bandits, and thieves in this game. We shall have bandits soon (again).

As for Viking, I already have Viking vibes.

I'm sure we'll obtain underwater wrecks. Need Scuba gear for that though. Functioning scuba gear.

• and they will come with the "nearest" NPC update that arrives?! :thinking: :drooling: ^^

Unfortunately I'm not sure if they will be part of the initial update ^^ Unlike the other animals, we want wolves to always work in packs, so that requires some special AI handling ;)

I'm still curious if curious chest-hunting Raccoons are a thing. I hope it is. I'll even donate, if necessary, to make it happen. How much to make it happen? I'll give money.

They're still on our to-do list, but unfortunately we have no ETA for them yet :/

I'm assuming pirate camps on beaches are the same way? What about pirate ships on water, that also a thing or was that part of my imagination?

Yes, this will probably work in the same way ^^ About pirate ships, is was indeed planned for the Java version back then, but now it certainly makes more sense to have something like that (considering we have huge ocean now, so it would be nice if you could randomly encounter enemies there) :D

Also forgot to tell you about Character Edit, but I know it's planned as well ;) but please try to add the possibility to edit not only the face but also the entire body ^^

Yeah, it's indeed coming :D Although the initial "customization update" will probably mostly just cover the things that were already editable in the Java version.

• Unlike the other animals, we want wolves to always work in packs, so that requires some special AI handling ;)

Sweet.

They're still on our to-do list, but unfortunately we have no ETA for them yet :/

Excellent. At least it's still on your list :)

Yes, this will probably work in the same way ^^ About pirate ships, is was indeed planned for the Java version back then, but now it certainly makes more sense to have something like that (considering we have huge ocean now, so it would be nice if you could randomly encounter enemies there) :D

True (on it makes more sense). Shall be interesting to encounter various entities, not just pirate boats but I'll let you surprise me. Show me when you're ready :monocle:

• Yeah, it's indeed coming :D Although the initial "customization update" will probably mostly just cover the things that were already editable in the Java version.

Cool, that will be awesome editing all the body, face, etc... thank you ^^ :thumbup:

I'm sure we'll obtain underwater wrecks. Need Scuba gear for that though. Functioning scuba gear.

hehee indeed! :thumbup: Scuba tanks on your back *_*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!