Area Protection, plans?

• Hi red51,

I know at one point you had said there was more planned for the area protection system. I am just wondering what is planned and how it will work?

I am hoping that in the future it could be enabled to more automated to claim areas without the need for admins to do it for players on servers. As it is currently, it takes a lot of time and effort for admins to setup a protected area for players, only for players to request a few hours later that they want to move their area, or its too small, or they want their friend added to the area, etc., which is consuming all of our admins' time.

Maybe some kind of system where players can craft a land claim deed and use that to claim a chunk of the world, and then be able to add their friends and manage permissions themselves. And if they want to claim more land, they need to craft more deeds. Then if server owners want, they could set up the starting inventory to start players off with however many deeds they want.

And to prevent abandoned claims, maybe they can auto-remove if the player has not been online in a certain amount of time, 30 days or so by default. Though it would be nice if some could be marked for "historic preservation" by admins if they have significant builds on them.

This would be a huge time savings for admins. And better for players when there is no admins online to make a protected area for them.

Thank again for making such an amazing game! I know you're probably overwhelmed with feature requests and bug hotfixes right now. :crazy:

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• Basically there will be 3 types of Area Protection:

1. The standard way is that the admin creates areas, defines permissions for them and assigns players manually. This is what's basically already implemented^^
    2. Alternatively the admin could pre-define areas and mark them "claimable", so any eligible player could claim this area. It's up to the admin to decide which permission the player should get automatically then. The setting in the radial menu is already there (as shown by yahwho ), but unfortunately this isn't fully implemented yet...
    3. The last option will be a way for players to create their own areas. The admin can decide how many areas a player can create, determine the max size etc. This is still on our to-do list

It will be up to the admin to decide what type of AP he wants on his server ^^ Ofc all 3 options could be used at the same time - for example, the admin could set up a big "city" area containing several smaller areas / plots that would be claimable by players. Outside the city (in the wilderness), players could be allowed to set up their own areas instead etc.

It would be indeed quite helpful if players get removed from an area automatically after a longer period of inactivity (or for self-created areas, that would also include the removal of the area, optionally with all the stuff that was built inside this area). We will put that on our to-do list :)

• I haven't played around that much with this but will it be possible that admins can decide what a player can and can not do within a certain area? ie no fly / no destruction/ but able to open doors/chests? maybe it's already there but fully implemented yet?

Yes, with the new area protection you set a default permission file to it. When adding players (1+) to the area you can set individual permissions for each player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!