A few requests

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • One very general thing has bugged me a long time that applies to most of these (first-person) 3D world crafting games is getting disoriented underground, or otherwise, when on slopes or getting repositioned just-so and not knowing which way is up. A gravity/attitude indicator, artificial horizon, vestibular sense, etc. It's useful to know when thinking about how one can maneuver and plan whatever action is being attempted. Like how to reach that deposit of aluminum :)

More specifically to this game, I have been wanting for information on a few occasions. Such as what is the tree or plant I'm, about to take an action on. I might not want to chop down a fruit tree, and it's not so obvious if the fruit's been harvested recently. In multiplayer, it is hard to tell whose property you're on when you only get that information when crossing into and have been wandering a while. Also, some actions just fail silently instead of noting a permissions failure.

The other thing I noticed can be chalked up to an unfinished Unity version, which is drinking water. The "cursor" does not change to a hand and the only feedback is audio. Fabulous so far, though. I played three years ago and was super impressed with the building possibilities, but gave it up partly due to the bland environment. It looks really nice now!

• 1. Use a compass to orientate or simply place garden torches along your way. Or use simple blocks to cover your way

2. To find specific ores there will be a metal detectors in the future

3. After a while you learn what trees are looking like and how to distinguish them from each other. It's not difficult. Especially apple trees.

If you chop them down accidentally you get saplings to replant them.

• 1. i've recently noticed this as well. i was digging a very long diagonal tunnel down and at some point it turned horizontal without me realizing it. i think this could be helped with visible feet that adjust to the terrain. the best example of this i can think of off the top of my head is the creatures in 'black and white 2'.

2. you can get more info by looking at an object while holding a similar one. so for example if you are holding a sapling, and look at one, it should tell you in the lower left what kind of sapling it is. i do agree tho, i think it would be nice if there was a piece of equipment, like a magnifying glass, that you could have on your person to always show that extra info for all objects.

3. agree, some sort of indication that you can interact with water would be good.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!