a few more VERY useful block shapes

• which of these proposed blocks do you think you'd get the most use out of? 4

1. inverted cylinder (1) 25%
    2. eighth sphere (0) 0%
    3. hollow eighth sphere (1) 25%
    4. quarter sphere (0) 0%
    5. hollow quarter sphere (0) 0%
    6. half sphere (4) 100%
    7. hollow half sphere (4) 100%
    8. hollow quarter cylinder (0) 0%

- eighth spheres (and especially hollow eighth spheres) would be extremely useful i feel (in no small part for ship building), and are very difficult to build from scratch, especially if you want to stretch them in one direction.

- quarter spheres would also be useful (the ones i made for this image are not accurate, they turned out slanted on the side closest to us, where they should be straight), but since it would only take two eighth spheres to make them, i don't care as much.

- curves in general are difficult to make which is why i'm also requesting half spheres. they're doable as-is with cylinders, but being able to squash and stretch them and not have to craft them by hand every time would be very handy.

- the inverted cylinder is easy enough to make as-is, but i think it's also used frequently enough that it's worth adding as its own element, unless there are already plans to add some sort of 'hole punch' tool.

i'd also very much like 'hollow' versions of all currently available curved blocks (cones, half cones, etc) and for glass blocks to have access to all the same shapes as other materials (currently to get a half cylinder of glass, you have to make it in a different material and then use the console to edit it).

- another addition i'd like to see would be quarter cylinders. so i realized that this is exactly what the 'arc' block is (tho i think that's a bad name), but i still think a hollow counterpart would be useful.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

Edited 5 times, last by AlphaGodith: added poll, struck out redundant text ().

• Actually we did already prepare some of these block shapes :) This is a rough overview of the upcoming block shapes:

• half sphere
    • hollow half sphere
    • quarter sphere
    • hollow quarter sphere
    • eighth sphere
    • hollow eighth sphere
    • alt. slope corner (slope corner type that was still missing)

Probably we'll add them shortly after the npc update. We'll also increase the quality of the cylinders, hollow cylinders and the sphere (so they appear more rounded).

We'll think about the inverted cylinder and the hollow cone / hollow half cone. What would be the use-case for these shapes? ^^

• Actually we did already prepare some of these block shapes :) This is a rough overview of the upcoming block shapes:

• half sphere
    • hollow half sphere
    • quarter sphere
    • hollow quarter sphere
    • eighth sphere
    • hollow eighth sphere
    • alt. slope corner (slope corner type that was still missing)

Probably we'll add them shortly after the npc update. We'll also increase the quality of the cylinders, hollow cylinders and the sphere (so they appear more rounded).

We'll think about the inverted cylinder and the hollow cone / hollow half cone. What would be the use-case for these shapes? ^^

*delighted shrieking* i'm so excited, thankyou so much! i'm gonna make such cool stuff with those!

i tried to make some hollow spheres with one flat area for eyeballs and i couldn't get the seams not to show- maybe the better hollow cylinders will fix the issues i was having :D

the inverted cylinder would, for me, mainly be used for streamlining the process of building round windows in houses and boats. but i imagine you could also use it for any holes, including those in fabric where a string goes through. instead of having to individually scale and rotate 4 arcs per hole in a wall, you'd then only need to adjust the single inverted cylinder.

the hollow cone and half cone i don't have anything as specific in mind personally, but they strike me as useful shapes that would be difficult to make from scratch. i would probably use them for sculptures of animals- it can be really tricky to get the right curves there. the hollow cone could be used for tipi's in part, reducing the work load somewhat, and maybe fancy cups. oh! ice cream cones! and roof steeples- that one is probably important to a lot of people. and having a half version makes it easier to make small adjustments, like if you want a small gable on one side of the steeple, then you have something to go on for the surrounding area and don't have to make the other side from scratch.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

Edited 2 times, last by AlphaGodith: keep thinking of new reasons for hollow cones. ().

• red51 oh also what about quarter cylinders? they were an afterthought i had and probably got overlooked as part of my signature(which i've now changed to be less easily confused for main text)i just realized the 'arc' piece is already a quarter cylinder. 'doh! the name always confused me cuz, to me, an 'arc' would be a hollow half cylinder. and a hollow quarter cylinder (or arc) would still be a nice addition, i think.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!