two things we really need in the game now

• So there is two things that really need to be added to the game asap. I know they are coming . But without one of them it makes it really hard to want to play, meaning building.

First is scaffolding. trying to build a a second story or even higher is next to impossible. I dont feel Like placing a thousand blocks in steps to get up and have to take them down each time.

The second one is we really need the draw Bridge so we know where to place blocks so we are not having to tear half a build down later when they come. Other doors are fine because of how they work. But draw bridge in java was way different and on how you had to build to place it. Im sure there is a few people wanting to build a castle or use a draw bridge right now but wont build anything of that type because

of how its placed and how much bigger it was in java.

Like right now I have started to build a castle and now Im stopping because of not knowing how the new draw Bridge is going to fit or the size.

This is the reason for posting this topic. Because i ran into the second floor proplem trying to get up high enough to place blocks and the draw bridge.

If anything the scaffolding needs to be done asap. The draw bridge I can wait on.

Sorry for the rant, Im loving all the new stuff and the game.

Thanks RED51 and who ever is helping

• We definitely want to add scaffoldings soon :) They're almost ready, although I'm not sure if they will make it into the next update (we're still very busy getting all animals ready^^). But even if they don't make it into the next update, they will still be available quite soon.

About the draw bridge, unfortunately I don't have an ETA for that yet... maybe we'll just reuse the old draw bridge from the Java version (with new textures and minor improvements to the model) ^^

A map, however, is a bit more tricky (at least if we want to add a detailed map like in the Java version). We're thinking about adding another map type first which just shows a rough representation of the terrain/islands and elevation (of course you would still be able to create waypoints and markers). Probably this will happen some time after the npc update ;)

• Scaffoldings are these ramps/stairs, right? Until they arrive you could just use any plank, enlarge it as required and place it where needed. Doesn´t look nice but its working. And it gets removed when the building is done anyways.

The drawbridge i assume will be scaleable. Therefore if there is a slight gap, just adjust it :)

• Scaffoldings are these ramps/stairs, right? Until they arrive you could just use any plank, enlarge it as required and place it where needed. Doesn´t look nice but its working. And it gets removed when the building is done anyways.

The drawbridge i assume will be scaleable. Therefore if there is a slight gap, just adjust it :)

good point, I did not think about that. thanks. Draw Bridge is a little different. At the back where the wheel is to turn it open and close is wider than the rest of the bridge. which makes it hard since it kind of sticks into blocks and can get hidden. Java version the bridge was like 14 blocks long way longer than any door was.

• Objects in unity behave different to java. Maybe it won't be that bad. And some small adjustments aren't that bad.

We will see. I also can't wait for more doors.

All my castles, houses and vaults are without because the only available one doesn't fit anywhere, style wise

• Objects in unity behave different to java. Maybe it won't be that bad. And some small adjustments aren't that bad.

We will see. I also can't wait for more doors.

All my castles, houses and vaults are without because the only available one doesn't fit anywhere, style wise

yep. waiting on doors also

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!