Raking does not work below water

• When raking sandy/stony dirt on the coast of an island, right click raking above sea level increases the height of the terrain as expected. However as soon as you get below the water level, the same right click raking action does the opposite, it lowers the terrain. As far as I can see there is no way to raise the level of terrain of underwater dirt. You can shrink the size of an island, but you cant expand it. Is this difference intentional? It would be nice to be able to do some underwater terraforming in survival mode like we can do above ground.

• Yes, I have also noticed this. Not a problem on my solo games as I can go into creative mode. But on servers that do not let me have creative mode, this is an issue as I cannot rake a beach to level it up, or get rid of water on a farm plot etc. Also I find that trying to rake gravel can be difficult as it doesn't always seem to do what I expect (eg goes down rather than up).

• It wont be as bad once we can place terrain by hand, but without it its very frustrating. For example if you accidentally rake down a bit of land on the coast, once it dips under water it is impossible to fix it.

• It wont be as bad once we can place terrain by hand, but without it its very frustrating. For example if you accidentally rake down a bit of land on the coast, once it dips under water it is impossible to fix it.

Yep. You have to delete the water brush, do the rakey-rake, and add the water brush back in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!