video of two bugs , one is stairs that you cant walk up, other is back filling to blocks

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Can it be that you set the stairs with a blueprint?
    The problem with the stairs is that the character can "climb" "only" half a block.

1/2 block +0.1% is already an obstacle.

If you set the stairs in pivot mode (always at the top or bottom edge), there are no problems
    Only when two different grids meet

Bluprints have their own grid and the blue box aligns with the game grid, so these small differences can occur when you add them
    And the game character is 4 blocks high and 1 block wide, for vaulted stairs should be planned 5 blocks apart for the height

• The player character is about 1.7+ m ca. If you mean there has to be an upper limit, that's right. Ceiling height should be 2.4 - 2.5 m = 5 blocks. The problem occurs, if you have a

rise height of stairs. The character stucks, even with a low climb height. You can climb the same stairs several times, sometimes you get stuck, other times you don't. This is a bug. I can' t say if this happens more often with blueprints.

• no this is not using any BP. I have built stairs outside with nothing over the top and I still get hung up. I have tired the pivot points and mode and I still have it happen sometimes, just not as much.
    I have tired placing each block separate and I placed one block and dragged it out 7 blocks. I still get it

• Thanks for the video :) I can confirm that the players seems to get stuck on the stairs sometimes... it seems to be related with the player physics, but it only happens in built versions (I wasn't able to reproduce it in the editor yet) :thinking: Apparently it also depends on the orientation of the stair. We're still looking into this error, but unfortunately we haven't found the cause of this yet :/

I guess you were using regular stairs? I.e. not the "slope" or "steps" type?

About the rake: You were probably already using the right mouse button? Basically the rake has some limitations unfortunately, it only smoothes ground (with the left button it tends to lower the ground, while the right button tends to raise it)... it is our intention to still tweak the rake a bit, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea if it adds too much terrain (because players could basically spawn new terrain that way and get new resources for free)...

The proper solution in this case would be to place new terrain there. Unfortunately that doesn't work in survival mode yet, but it's still on our to-do list :saint:

• I guess you were using regular stairs? I.e. not the "slope" or "steps" type?

no problem with slope. Problem with all three types of steps.

About the rake: You were probably already using the right mouse button? Basically the rake has some limitations unfortunately, it only smoothes ground (with the left button it tends to lower the ground, while the right button tends to raise it)... it is our intention to still tweak the rake a bit, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea if it adds too much terrain (because players could basically spawn new terrain that way and get new resources for free)...

The proper solution in this case would be to place new terrain there. Unfortunately that doesn't work in survival mode yet, but it's still on our to-do list :saint:

Ok, cool . Ill Just make Juggs work harder by leveling it for me :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!