So in the New Game if you die you lose inventory and chest

• Seems if you die in the new game you lose both your inventory on you and the inventory in any chest you have placed on the ground. Both these inventories show up on your dead body. Is this a setting or bug?

• The default setting is that you lose your inventory upon death. In multiplayer, this is handled through permissions: it's the keepinventory permission in the general section (set it in the default.json permission if you want it to affect all players).

Alternatively (if you don't want to work with permissions) you could add this line to the server.properties: Permissions_OverrideKeepInventory=True (this overrides the setting for all permissions).

However, chests should never be affected by a player death, so their content should still be there if a player dies :wat: What do you mean with "both inventories show up on the dead body"? When looting a dead body, the game shows your current inventory and the content of the dead body in a separate window on the right (but there should never be multiple windows like that, for example). I've never seen such an issue before... do you use any plugins?

• i'm as confused as red is.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• The default setting is that you lose your inventory upon death. In multiplayer, this is handled through permissions: it's the keepinventory permission in the general section (set it in the default.json permission if you want it to affect all players).

Alternatively (if you don't want to work with permissions) you could add this line to the server.properties: Permissions_OverrideKeepInventory=True (this overrides the setting for all permissions).

However, chests should never be affected by a player death, so their content should still be there if a player dies :wat: What do you mean with "both inventories show up on the dead body"? When looting a dead body, the game shows your current inventory and the content of the dead body in a separate window on the right (but there should never be multiple windows like that, for example). I've never seen such an issue before... do you use any plugins?

So it did not happen to me but to a buddy playing the game. He died and reported he lost his inventory on his body. I helped him find it and he said there was a lot of inventory. He reported that all his inventory for both his body and chest was on his body and nothing was in his chest when he went to go put things away. Yes, I am using one plugin for testing it is a Portals routine.

I have been writing my own plugins but that is a different problem since it has been so long since I wrote one and my old ones I wrote for the JAVA routine need to be upgraded. Only the one Plugin routine was running. I will try to get him to repeat it but it will likely be tomorrow before he is back online. I will likely turn losing it off as you suggest until I get the server fully working but we will try to repeat it first.

PS is there a command to take the entire body content and quickly move it into your inventory instead of one item by one item?

• That's weird :wat: Losing the inventory is indeed to be expected (unless the permission has been changed, as mentioned above), but that should never affect chests in the world :thinking: If this happens again, do you mind sending me a server log (feel free to send it via PM)? Maybe could also send a report when accessing his dead body: while the inventory UI (of the dead body) is still open, he could open the console (by pressing ~ or ` or ^) and type "report" (without quot. marks) :)

PS is there a command to take the entire body content and quickly move it into your inventory instead of one item by one item?

Unfortunately there is no option to take everything at once... we been thinking about adding a button for this, but maybe it's annoying if someone presses it accidentally? But it's possible to add such a feature through the Plugin API, as mentioned by james1bow :)

Right now the fastest way to move the items is via shift + click (but that's still necessary for every single item)...

• Unfortunately there is no option to take everything at once... we been thinking about adding a button for this, but maybe it's annoying if someone presses it accidentally? But it's possible to add such a feature through the Plugin API, as mentioned by james1bow :)

Right now the fastest way to move the items is via shift + click (but that's still necessary for every single item)...

In a PVP world getting your gear before someone else is important. Getting it put back on and in your inventory in a hurry can mean the difference between a successful and enjoyable game versus a continual death trip and failure in a dangerous area.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!