AutoDoors (Plugin)

• AutoDoors (Plugin)

AutoDoors Adds some new doors, some will auto open as you walk up to them others use the F key to open and close them.

The plugin adds a drop down menu to the crafting area of the game, just select the door from the menu and you will get the door preview, you then move the mouse to pinpoint the area you want to place the door,

right click the mouse to place,

• To delete the door Admins and door owners can look at the door and hit the delete key.
    • To cancel hold down left shift and press the F key
    • To install just unzip the file to the plugins folder.

Version 2

• New vault door
    • 2x New sci-fi doors
    • New Barn door
    • New Rotating Door
    • Some small code improvements
    • Some color improvements and shading improvements

Version 2.1

• Renamed the assets folder to Assets, this fix's the problem with Linux
    • Added the single and double iron gates

Version 2.2

• Added Cancel - To Cancel the placing of a Door hold down left shift and press the F key
    • Fixed typo's
    • Added New Hatch Door

Would like to mention that Gillwin has been helping me make the new doors, and that the doors in this plugin are fully made by both Gillwin and myself Gillwin made the new rotating door, barn door,

one of the new sci-fi doors and vault door, he has also made two other doors that i am now in the process of animating and adding to the plugin so please thank him for his involvement in this project too.

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Attention

Make a door and frame in RW then BP it and upload it to this feed and i may animate it and add it to the AutoDoor Plugin for everyone to use as a real working door, also add some info on how you would like your door to open, full automatically or half automatic or only with the F key, also what type of door, sliding or swinging and what way, but keep the door simple for moving, i maybe able to do it but something like a bifold is very time consuming so would most likely go to the bottom of my list.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Is it possible to do a split door? i.e Stable doors and have the two work independently, or does it have to be just one door?

it is possible but you could also just do a large single slider barn door and place two of them, witch makes more sense than to try and add such complexity to the problem, if you make your barn door bp it and post it on here and ill look at doing it, but gillwin and myself have been working on some new doors and we already talked about barn doors.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Looks very good here and I have to test it one of these days. I swapped the key assignments E and F in RW, because the interaction key in my game is E by default. Now the question for me is whether, once I have installed the plugin, the door will open/close or the production menu will be called up or even both as soon as I press F.

regards room6675

• Looks very good here and I have to test it one of these days. I swapped the key assignments E and F in RW, because the interaction key in my game is E by default. Now the question for me is whether, once I have installed the plugin, the door will open/close or the production menu will be called up or even both as soon as I press F.

regards room6675

you need to use the f key for the garage door only, the other doors will work fine as they auto detect you as you walk upto them

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Version 2

New vault door
    2x New sci-fi doors
    New Barn door
    New Rotating Door
    Some small code improvements
    Some color improvements and shading improvements

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ich hab die Türen nun mal getestet. Bei einer Freundin auf ihrem Winschrott Rechner sieht das alles schick aus und funktioniert wunderbar und ich bin begeistert. Nun auf meinem Rechner unter Linux kann ich zwar die Türen auswählen und mit der rechten Maustaste positionieren aber sehen tu ich keine Tür auch nicht beim Positionieren. Ich hab mal meine player.log angehängt.

I've tested the doors. It all looks great on a friend's Winschrott computer and works wonderfully, and I'm delighted. Now on my computer under Linux I can select the doors and position them with the right mouse button, but I can't see any doors, even when positioning them. I've attached my player.log.

• Ich hab die Türen nun mal getestet. Bei einer Freundin auf ihrem Winschrott Rechner sieht das alles schick aus und funktioniert wunderbar und ich bin begeistert. Nun auf meinem Rechner unter Linux kann ich zwar die Türen auswählen und mit der rechten Maustaste positionieren aber sehen tu ich keine Tür auch nicht beim Positionieren. Ich hab mal meine player.log angehängt.

I've tested the doors. It all looks great on a friend's Winschrott computer and works wonderfully, and I'm delighted. Now on my computer under Linux I can select the doors and position them with the right mouse button, but I can't see any doors, even when positioning them. I've attached my player.log.

Seems at a glance the file for the Assets is not found, does the folder Assets have the autodoors bundle file inside it ? If so it might be a folder permissions problem

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Ok after Talking to red51 it seems the problem is the assets folder is assets not Assets, just rename your assets folder to Assets and it should work, seems Linux is cause sensitive for folder names, but that is my fault and i will update the plugin to have the right folder name in future :thumbup:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The autodoors.bundle file exists in the directory ../Plugins/AutoDoors/assets and the folder ../Plugins/AutoDoors/worldname was also created automatically with the content database.db
    The permissions are also correct for the user, I expanded it to Group and Everyone but the door is still not displayed. Perhaps a "typo" within the plugin? Linux differentiates between upper and lower case compared to Windows.
    I have now written the names here exactly as they exist or are created.

• The autodoors.bundle file exists in the directory ../Plugins/AutoDoors/assets and the folder ../Plugins/AutoDoors/worldname was also created automatically with the content database.db
    The permissions are also correct for the user, I expanded it to Group and Everyone but the door is still not displayed. Perhaps a "typo" within the plugin? Linux differentiates between upper and lower case compared to Windows.
    I have now written the names here exactly as they exist or are created.

yes the assets folder needs to be renamed Assets sorry that is my mistake maybe i changed it on my end at some point IDK but it needs to be Assets not assets

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • It would be perfect if the non-automatic doors could be operated with the interaction key, because I swapped e and f in the assignment - this also opens the crafting menu

f key is the default function key for the game, this why its used, for me to change it to something else because some players change the default keys to something else will just cause more problems, like the next guy might say i use the q key for my function key next thing im expected to some how make every key work for the doors to accommodate everyone, oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • You misunderstood me ;) I don't want you to change it internally just for me. I was thinking of reading the config and then reacting accordingly to the stored interaction key ;) if that's even possible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!