Update 0.7.5: Bandits, Monsters, Map, Sailing and more!

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • Thanks for your feedback :)

Forgot to share this. I'm unsure if raking & worms are broken, it however felt like it. Worms would continuously pop out of the underwater environment.

I'll take a closer look at this... maybe the spawn rate is still a bit too high. And the game should definitely prevent worms from spawning underwater :thinking:

I however now wish while sitting on a boat you could bring the map out, more so when you're sitting. Hard to navigate when you're sitting and can't pull out your map.

There are plans for this in the long run, but unfortunately this requires some bigger changes to handling vehicles (and other things like mounts, too)... when using a vehicle or mount, the player has a specific animation (which usually requires one or both arms/hands - e.g. using the paddles or rudder, holding reins on a mount etc). In this state, the camera is detached from the player body (you can still look in any direction, but the player body has a fixed direction). If the player is now able to hold an item in his hands, this basically requires some restrictions to camera movement. It's not impossible, but it does take a bit more work to get it right ^^

I wish you the best of luck for any future hotfixes and updates.

Thanks for your kind words! :)

I believed that the new blocks of terrain material could also be "painted" (with grasses or seagrass). Will that be possible?

Unfortunately you can't paint grass on them (but when speaking of painting, you can paint them with a paint roller :D).

However, we will add a "grass patch" plant with one of the next updates. It will have the size of a single block which can then be placed anywhere ^^

I have a doubt if there is any chance of taking screenshots with the "renderworld" command with a higher image resolution? Something like 4K at least, or a way to choose the resolution in the config file or within the game menus (personally I'd love a resolution higher than 5000x5000)

Actually the renderworld command accepts a resolution parameter: By default, the resolution is 2048, but you can pass any resolution to it, e.g. renderworld 5000 to create a 5000x5000 screenshot ;)

The map now works well, will there be a chance to save the markers with the height coordinate? So that teleportations are 100% accurate.

That's an interesting thought. I will put this on our to-do list ^^

• Thanks for the rounded blocks fix, it works fine now :)

Another little graphical glitch to report: the foam at the back of the sailboat is visible through the map

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy to hear that :)

About the visual issue, yeah, unfortunately it's caused by the render order of the map and particle effects... it's definitely on our to-do list ^^

• Is there the ability to "paint" a natural texture on the ground in Survival mode? I'd love to make a gravel pathway through the forest, but that's kinda weird/difficult to be made out of blocks.

• Is there the ability to "paint" a natural texture on the ground in Survival mode? I'd love to make a gravel pathway through the forest, but that's kinda weird/difficult to be made out of blocks.

Unfortunately that's not possible in survival mode yet, only in creative mode :/ But being able to place terrain materials in survival mode is planned for the next update ;)

• Hey Red

first of all thanks for the awesome update. Im glad this game is still getting maintenanced.

I've a question regarding to the map: Is it possible to add custom points/marks on the map via the API?

I'd like to update my simplehome plugin and indicate the home positions on the map if possible

• Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

Unfortunately the relevant methods and events didn't make it into the API yet... but it's on our to-do list and maybe it will still make it into one of the next hotfixes ;)

• Another hotfix is available now btw :) It introduces a few new things and also introduces various changes and fixes. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly. If you run into any problems, please let us know ;)

Hotfix 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-09):

• [New] Added square patch of grass as plant (which can be placed on grass blocks, for example)
    • [New] Added setting to hide chat in multiplayer (see settings -> miscellaneous -> multiplayer). Does not affect private messages
    • [New] Added setting to change pause between two music tracks (see settings -> audio)
    • [Change] Game now also reacts to key M if the map is equipped and the mouse cursor is visible
    • [Change] Text on signs is displayed more properly now (it's now partly masked instead of entirely hidden if font is too big)
    • [Change] Text on signs no longer has automatic line breaks
    • [Change] Water is now rendered correctly even if refractions are disabled
    • [Change] If you unequip an item (by pressing H), it is no longer re-equipped automatically when crafting an item
    • [Change] Slightly increased animal spawn rate
    • [Change] Increased spawn rate for wolves
    • [Change] Increased ore spawn amount (and also ore vein size) on "very low" setting
    • [Change] Spinning wheel works a bit faster now (in addition to that, you can hold F on the reel to pick up yarn)
    • [Change] Block texture selection (in creative mode F8 tools) scrolls to the active texture
    • [Change] Increased fire range of npc archers
    • [Bugfix] Cotton plant is now visible again
    • [Bugfix] Fixed npc archers not firing any projectiles
    • [Bugfix] Fixed npc (like bandits or skeletons) not dropping their item upon death in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue which caused the game to always spawn the same animal variants
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a few issues regarding horse sync in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sporadic broken npc animations in multiplayer (animals sliding instead of walking etc)
    • [Bugfix] Reduced chance of spaghettification of dead bodies in multiplayer (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash under certain circumstances when equipping the map
    • [Bugfix] Fixed campfire/bonfire fire not being visible in front of water
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sudden sporadic performance issues (up to a crash) if there were many sailing boats in proximity
  • Thanks for the patch Red, lots of good stuff as always.

However, the hotfix has caused a new issue. The text of the "Hanging iron sign" has become magenta and illegible, at least on one face face. The other face can be fine or not, depending of configutation of the text.

• [Bugfix] Fixed npc archers not firing any projectiles

Thanks for the hotfix red!! Archers are now fine but the problem still occurs with guns (repeater) (will miss with gun projectiles and run close to you before firing).

Also, override behavior setting does not seem to work (e.g. set a bandit to shy .. or defensive, it stays aggressive)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• Post by Ozorvals ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Its probably only the server configuration ().
  • However, the hotfix has caused a new issue. The text of the "Hanging iron sign" has become magenta and illegible, at least on one face face. The other face can be fine or not, depending of configutation of the text.

Oh, thanks for letting me know! We'll prepare another small hotfix for that ^^

Thanks for the hotfix red!! Archers are now fine but the problem still occurs with guns (repeater) (will miss with gun projectiles and run close to you before firing).

Thanks, I'm happy to hear that! :) About firearms, unfortunately that's not fully supported yet... they don't actually fire the gun, they basically just play the fire animation. We haven't implemented any handling for that yet because they won't spawn with firearms naturally :saint:

But we will change that with one of the next updates^^

Also, override behavior setting does not seem to work (e.g. set a bandit to shy .. or defensive, it stays aggressive)

Unfortunately it seems that behaviour changes do not seem to work for some npcs... we're preparing a change with the next hotfix (which should hopefully fix that), it should be available shortly ;)

• We've just released the (minor) hotfix ;) This update is optional for multiplayer server.

Hotfix (2024-09-10):

• [Change] Hovering map markers is a bit easier now (larger interaction area)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed text sometimes not being visible on signs
    • [Bugfix] Fixed material error on hanging sign
    • [Bugfix] Fixed npc behaviour changes (via editnpc) not working for some npcs
    • [Bugfix] Fixed selection preview in creative mode F8 tool on natural blocks not being visible
    • [Bugfix] Fixed gravity checks (when removing plants) causing too high load on CPU
  • Heya Red. Thanks for all your hard work. I just updated and, in Multiplayer, B no longer opens the Show/Hide areas window.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly :wat: This doesn't sound like a feature from the game, maybe it's part of a plugin on that particular server?

• Unfortunately I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly :wat: This doesn't sound like a feature from the game, maybe it's part of a plugin on that particular server?

You're right. I caught the server master who confirmed she had changed the setting. Sorry to bother you with it.

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!