Enemy/creature files?

• I think it would be pretty awesome for every creature/ enemy to drop some kind of file, which tells you a little bit of where they originate, and the behaviour etc. This would open up lots of options for lore. Maybe even have them lying aroud out in the world, hidden in really clever places? They could even be combined like pages in a book when you collect more than one of them at a time. This could even extend to plants and trees.

• I guess that's where dungeons & temples comes in with loot. I guess when books are implemented we can get a tiny bit 'Skyrimmy' with how we insert pages and such. That is if Red wants to give some basic lore for us to make note of. A nice 'collection' and 'archive' going on to log each player's experience in their own world so they'll make some fancy archive room, building, or some 'government' thing if people go all civilization/Empires type deal.

I would go against monsters and entities dropping things, more with finding those pages to insert into books. Not sure how you would do so without a gadget, or how you would even make note of it in a book. I guess I can brainstorm that to add creature entities into player-made books and computer logs/tablet is to have one research table focusing on said creature. Log it by having a book in your inventory, in your active hotbar, or something along those lines to then take it back by using a table to 'scribble' notes that you can read, then store in the first bit in the first paragraph above in people's archive room.

And I agree with the plants and trees, if you want to go all "Japanese card collecting" or Animal Crossing: New Leaf type, just a bit more 'dedicated'.

• Why not have this be part of the journal. As you encounter animals and monsters, structures etc.. it records the information you revealed. This would be very useful for the crafting system and cooking etc..

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!