IF magic is added to the game

• Just a suggestion IF magic is added to rising world. I kind of hope not, as it seems to be very problematic, but i was thinking it would be nice to have actual wands, rather than the character firing ice from their hands or whatever. It really irritated me when that happened in skyrim. No wand, just whoosh! Ice from your hands. I think it would be cool to have different grades of wand depending upon your skill, and the higher tiered wands could be made from more difficult-to-obtain resources. (perhaps from hostiles).

• Well, if they are wands.. then where is the skill? It should be dependent on finding a more powerful wand. :P Skill comes from within. IF there were wands, or magic period, I would not want it to just be another ranged weapon and that's it.

Anyways, magic is hard for even me to fit into this game. And I love magic... dragons... etc etc

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• I always saw the two coming hand in hand. The mage/wizard/magician has the inner skill, but they make a connection with the wand, and it is the wand which allows them to use their inner skill/powers in the physical world. It wouldn't be just another ranged weapon if you could do something interesting with a wand, like summon weird minions or something. There could be spell pages hidden in the world.
    Well, i guess there are a million ways of looking at it aren't there....

• I always saw the two coming hand in hand. The mage/wizard/magician has the inner skill, but they make a connection with the wand, and it is the wand which allows them to use their inner skill/powers in the physical world.

There is that yes. Ah well, regardless it doesn't really fit with Rising World. Maybe, I mean MAYBE in adventure mode some artifacts could have some powers or something. That I could support more. I've said before that I would like to RP in RW on AM haha

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• If this game did have magic then I'd love it if it was kept to "Harry Potter" level of things. I would also recommend that if people do want magic that there should be a secondary realm - Read as Parallel universe - mirroring that of what the main world is in a semi-loose manner with all the magic and supernatural entities one would want. I wouldn't mind having control of magic, if it took skill on the first 'inFamous' game manner being more of a 'rare' skill to have. A 'last resort' type of use. I guess this could be a good way to connect with 'realistic' European witches that aren't generic, nor overly gothic in design....A nice middle ground that I see Germans design in that "Poser" program.

I would much rather someone mod this in by gaining inspiration from Minecraft's Thaumcraft to carry over to this game with updated and modernized features.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!