collecting animal/monster parts.

• This may be a little deranged, but i was thinking of some kind of option to collect legs, heads etc from animals and monsters, and put them onto posts. A bit like the effegies on 'The Forest'.
    This would be a good idea for enemies. You could defeat a certain monster (say the zombie dog thing) and put its head on a post, to deter enemies of a lower level than the enemy defeated. It could be a weird way of protecting your camp. There could also be some higher tiered enemies who are immune to this feature and have to be defeated in a different way.
    I would also like to see features like a wooden mount, so that you can mount enemy heads in a trophy room, along with other cool loot.
    Just a little thought.....

• If it was possible to mount animal heads etc.., I would not want some mechanic attached to them like scaring other animals away or monsters etc. I'm not even sure mounting heads would be a good idea. I think this is an area where a bit of class needs to be used, not bloody, nasty shit dripping off a post lol But I get what you mean. I think this game should be more kid friendly. I like my metal and horror movies etc.... but also want my kid to play this one day haha

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• true! the devs have to cater for all audienced don't they. It just seemed like an interesting way to defend your camp, but i guess that it gets into tower defence territory really doing it that way, then we start yawning. Haa!

• If there is a 'tribal' Age in this game then I can see this being a thing. What would be better would be cutting off the heads of animals and mobs to make a trophy room in your main-base, or a "showcase" room. Even a museum. Doing it the Imperial British way of stereotypical hunters would be the way to do it, but with EVERY single animal, creature, and mob in the game.

• true! the devs have to cater for all audienced don't they. It just seemed like an interesting way to defend your camp, but i guess that it gets into tower defence territory really doing it that way, then we start yawning

I think it'll be better to build traps, or moats etc.. as base defense, if that is even necessary. But yeah no tower defense... I don't think we'll have so many monsters on the surface that we will need any kind of defense really. I hope for predators to be attracted to your livestock. Maybe certain monsters on the surface get interested in your base via lights on at night or things like that, but just an individual which will only mess things up if you are not there... more of a pain in the ass like a raccoon in the garbage. No destroying half your build.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!