Waiting on biomes to appear and other features.

• This has really turned out to be a great game. As for now I am waiting for the rest of the world to be completed (biomes and water ) I have seen water used in the game engine that rising world is using so I know it can be done. It has been fun building tunnels and experimenting with various blocks. I a m basically going to wait now until this gets further along.

Some of the things that rising world needs (sooner rather then later )

1. Biomes and Water
    This is probably what we need first. The trees , mountains and grass are great but we do need changes of scenery. Since basically these are just textures (the land generation is already in ) this should not take too long the change the appearance of the land. Water is a given here.

2. Some type of procedurally generated Small towns or villages ( if the players want them )
    These worlds are huge, we are going to need something when we start out. Since animals are already in a few simple NPC's and buildings will be needed.

3. An optional Monetary and trade system (If players want them ).
    Servers are nice but they go up and down all the time and no one knows how long they will be around.

4. A place to share Single player worlds.
    It would be nice for a place to upload copies of your worlds. the world files do not seem to be too large right now..

5. The following inventory items should be in your starting inventory

Pick, Axe , Compass, and clock .

6. We should not lose our entire inventory when we die. Most other games do not do this.

I think things are coming along great so far. Looking foreword to the future.
    These are just suggestions.

• I have seen water used in the game engine that rising world is using so I know it can be done.

Well, basically that does not matter ^^ We mainly use the engine for rendering, asset management etc., so most features we have to create from scratch ;) The engine itself btw. does not give us any limitations, so theoretically "everything" could be done.

1. Biomes and Water

Yes, both are important aspects. Once the ores are ready, it is our intention to work on biomes and water. The first release will btw only contain static, non-physical water (this will be implemented at a later stage).

2. Some type of procedurally generated Small towns or villages ( if the players want them )

Originally this was not intended, but we took this feature into consideration, since several people asked for it. But such a feature would have a low priority right now...

3. An optional Monetary and trade system (If players want them ).

What do you mean exactly?

4. A place to share Single player worlds.

Yes, the "community" Button ingame was intended for these things. Unfortunately also a very low priority right now :/ Btw worlds are indeed very small, unless you use a lot of custom images.

5. The following inventory items should be in your starting inventory

We will think about it ;) But you can also change the spawn inventory (especially nice for multiplayer servers) when typing "setspawninventory", then your current inventory will serve as the new default spawn inventory.

6. We should not lose our entire inventory when we die. Most other games do not do this.

Not sure about it. It was indeed our intention to let you loose your complete inventory, but giving you the ability to loot your dead body. Eventually we can implement different levels of difficulty ^^

• 3. An optional Monetary and trade system (If players want them ).

What do you mean exactly?

There would be a player / money/ credit system where you could buy and sell stuff from an npc or eachother. THis could be enablesd or disables by the server.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it :)

• Oh, interesting responses. #2, 5, & 6 caught my attention, even with the ore mention. So once ores are ready then we can start to loosely expect biomes. Not fully, just loosely. Nice. I'm forced to wait anyways so no rush on what's planned for release when.

2) Hopefully we're not forcing it down in Red's throat, just that without NPC Villages & NPC comrades the game shall feel as ghost-like empty as untouched Minecraft, or even Chernobyl itself. Having NPC villages for that vast of a world that's planned should be a must, and high on the list. Maybe not in priority, just in things to be added whenever given the chance. Feel free to do a contest for the villages, towns, and etc to then copy and paste those designs for when they're ready. As for NPC villagers themselves? I don't mind if they do simple bartering through randomized offerings and givings (Thinking Timber & Stone, Civilization trading but simplified, and just offering up a random list of what may find in the general area) to give to the player and NPCs. I'll understand if you want to keep the complex stuff to mods, which then I hope someone shall go all out when that & modding is ready.

2.5) Bonus points & respect points if going all out by making NPC villagers build using the items player gave them through bartering trade. Even more if we can befriend them into "pet" type comrades. You don't have to, just that it would fit this Rising World perfectly due to scale of it all.

5) Basic inventory keepings? Hope we can have a slider for that. Would be fine for others. I'd love to do corpse runs instead, though would be nice to release some slack for those feeling stressed while constantly dying. Pickaxe, wood axe, compass, and clock hmm...

6) Ya, I don't want the option not being able to lose items. Looking at #5 makes me cringe with this just hitting the wrong note. Losing your inventory, but doing corpse runs is what I'm now conditioned and used to doing. If this was Starbound or Terraria then I can understand, which Rising World isn't. I shall however agree that it should be a difficulty thing. Since being conditioned by Minecraft and other survival games that one should actually be careful when surviving, not being spoon fed & having hand's held. Of course, "each to their own" with people having different play styles.

-------

Ya, sorry for popping up everywhere. Wanted to post 2, 2.5, while also personally making note of biomes now 'possibly' arriving once ores are settled. Should be fun and can't wait to see in a patient manner :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!