Keeping blocks, recycling materials

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • I think it would be more encouraging to at least get back some materials, if not all the blocks, when deconstructing/removing blocks during building. After all, we do build with recycled and reused materials.

• I definately agree with you there akkblue! We should get something back, even if it's like just the raw materials, instead of the actual block.
    I'm sure the guys are working on it...ha!

• Considering how things work at the moment, I think this will be implemented after the next update, since different blocks require different ores, destroying blocks would return back different ores as well.

This is a logical expectation anyway.

• +1

I hesitate to post, because I understand the early alpha state of the game and assume this will make it in at some point; but at the same time feel that it's important to voice my thoughts on the priority of this.

I feel the current state of the game appeals more to testers or people that like building in a creative mode with infinite resources, and for an early alpha, that's great. However, with more participants, there's more feedback, excitement, and momentum; the quicker this is implemented the quicker that snowball starts rolling.

Personally, there's a handful of friends I haven't invited yet because I know they wouldn't want to go through the frustration of losing so many resources trying to figure out how the extended construction mode, re-sizing, and grid snapping work. They (and many like them) could deal with the fact that there's no water, vehicles, or biomes yet --honestly, that's all icing on the cake-- But the fact that you must gather new resources (or be an admin and spawn them) every time you want to move your crafting bench really puts a damper on things.

• Houser ,
    There are a whole bunch of survival games out there . I chose this one because it is unique . You will do whatever you want. If all you want to do is hack and slash , eventually that is what you can do , If you want to build a great city or fill an endless world with roads or horse trails , you will be able to do that too, and if you just want to walk in the woods , well you can do that too.

If you are looking for a completed game there are a lot to choose from, This game is the ONLY one that will be selective and that is what makes it unique. You wont beat the graphics either. I hope this game goes the distance . It will be the greatest thing if it does . You can play it alone or set up a server to play it your way with your friends, and that makes it all worth while . All of us want different things from rising world and I am willing to bet that red51 gives us most of what we want, either through mods or scripts, Ill bet we will get stuff. We will see .

• This is an absolute must! There is no need to get everything back, but to AT LEAST get some of it back would be a more satisfying experience. It is frustrating to painstakingly set up a structure only to realize something didn't align right and when you take it down to change it, you get nothing back.

• This is an absolute must! There is no need to get everything back, but to AT LEAST get some of it back would be a more satisfying experience. It is frustrating to painstakingly set up a structure only to realize something didn't align right and when you take it down to change it, you get nothing back.

Unless you are working on a server without admin access you can get what you need through the command prompt in creative mode , that is why it is there , the game is still in alpha. So use your "Magic Wand" :)

• It would be interesting if you needed the right tool for the job to take structures apart (also for building). Otherwise you end up with near garbage, stuff like wood planks end up as kindling if you don't use a pry bar, stone blocks become small rocks and dust if you don't use a hammer and chisel for stone.. stuff like that. Just a thought.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• It would be interesting if you needed the right tool for the job to take structures apart (also for building). Otherwise you end up with near garbage, stuff like wood planks end up as kindling if you don't use a pry bar, stone blocks become small rocks and dust if you don't use a hammer and chisel for stone.. stuff like that. Just a thought.

That is a very neat idea, but I think it would end up with too much micromanaging in the end. Your inventory would be cluttered with such items unless there is a specific place for them that doesn't take up your basic inventory slots.

Unless you are working on a server without admin access you can get what you need through the command prompt in creative mode , that is why it is there , the game is still in alpha. So use your "Magic Wand"

I do understand that, but if I want to play the game all natural without the need of the magic wand, this would be something to consider in the future. As it was stated it is an alpha so I understand, I just want it to be implemented eventually.

• That is a very neat idea, but I think it would end up with too much micromanaging in the end. Your inventory would be cluttered with such items unless there is a specific place for them that doesn't take up your basic inventory slots.

I don't mind some inventory management. But also I don't think we will have everything we own on our person (character) at all times. Thus the need for storage etc.. You would only use those tools if you wanted to get those materials back. Otherwise just bash the thing down quick. ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!