Server will not start after update 5.6.6

• Thanks for the log! The problem happens when converting the world. Did you perhaps cancel the conversion before? When altering the table "Npc", it does not find the column "Type" (which was used before the update, in the new update it has been renamed to "TypeID").
    Do you have a backup of the world? I'd recommend to replace the world by the backup and try it again ;)

• no I just let it run and it stopped on its own. I did manage to get the server back up. I deleted all chests, Inventory and furnaces. it started fine after that. I do have a back up from before I applied the latest updat

• Can you please send us your backup world (where the update hasn't been applied to) via email or upload it somewhere? You can send/upload it without the "CustomImages" folder, that should reduce the file size dramatically ;)

• Thanks for the world! There is an inventory in your inventories table which contains an invalid item. It must be a pretty old inventory, a long time ago someone must have used the "item" command giving himself an invalid item, which caused his game to crash. It seems he never joined the game again, or he uses another name now.
    We uploaded a new server (same version number though), this one should skip the erroneous inventory. Please try to convert your backup world with the new version, at least on my local machine it worked :)

• thank you. would I see any side effects of keeping the world that is now running after I deleted the inventory, chests and furnaces? Players have been logged in over the last hour or so building and I would hate for them to lose any creations . I will update the server files though to run the latest version. I think that the world has been running 24/7 since December 26th. As you know at that time players could spawn invalid items and I would have to go into the DB files and delete the inventory so they could be able to log in again.

On a side not the latest update is great. Players have commented how fast the world feels and how they are not waiting for the world to generate in front of them. You and your team have been great at investigating and fixing issues as they arise. I can say that the players on my servers and myself cant wait to see what comes next. Thanks again Red.

• The only side affect you will have when keeping it is that every player will have an empty inventory after the update ^^ But deleting the chests and furnaces tables will unfortunately break all existing chests and grills in the world (it's not a big problem at all, but it would be necessary to remove and place them again).
    You could fix that by starting the server (or another server, just to make sure it does not get mixed up with the original world) loading the backup world, and once it's done with converting, you could move the chests and furnaces tables into the original world database (it's necessary to shutdown the server for that).

Thanks for your nice words and your feedback btw, I'm happy to hear that :)

• i did not have any problems loading the game but what we did find was that all chests did not work so we ended up removing the chest DB and starting over lol some how we had two ids for every one chest and looking back at all my saved databases it was like that after we ported to mysql

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Die dt. Beiträge habe ich mal hierhin verschoben / I've moved the german posts into a new thread: Lan Server startet nicht

@yahgiggle: Some versions ago (not sure when exactly, maybe 4-8 weeks?) there was a bug in the game causing duplicate entries for chests ;) It was no serious issue at all, since the game always used the first result. But it will be fixed now when converting the world. After converting the world, there should be no more duplicate entries in your chest table.
    Please download the latest server version again (there were small bugfixes last night), try to convert a backup of your world (if available), and see if chests work then (if they do, you can move your chests table to the original world) ;)

• Die dt. Beiträge habe ich mal hierhin verschoben / I've moved the german posts into a new thread: Lan Server startet nicht

@yahgiggle: Some versions ago (not sure when exactly, maybe 4-8 weeks?) there was a bug in the game causing duplicate entries for chests ;) It was no serious issue at all, since the game always used the first result. But it will be fixed now when converting the world. After converting the world, there should be no more duplicate entries in your chest table.
    Please download the latest server version again (there were small bugfixes last night), try to convert a backup of your world (if available), and see if chests work then (if they do, you can move your chests table to the original world) ;)

ok downloaded the new server files and all looks to be working now with all my chests added back all duplicate entries in the table are fixed cheers :-)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok we had some not all users say they had problems with there inventory they would log off and then come back to find the items in the inventory keep coming back even after the items had been used up so i just removed the inventory DB and reset the server that lookes to have fixed the problem but im now going to get mad players lol well thats beta for you right haha

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok after the inventory was added back to the database it looked to be fine but it turned out not to be it was missing the id for each line so then put back a old inventory table lol WTF is going on and why has the database been stuffed up so bad lol

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • It was an issue with MySQL, it has been fixed with the latest update. You need to keep the inventory table without the column "ID", since now "PlayerID" is the primary key.

yes i must say red you did a awesome job working with me to help sort this out, your a champ :-D

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!