music

• A folder in game's main folder? Something you can dump your own music to then play it out in the game's jukebox, radio, computer, and/or tv appliances. That would be sweet and something I strongly suggested with others to add whenever ready and possible. Treating music almost in the similar fashion to cars and such in GTA 3-5, just more appliance controlled hmm.

• I don't know about that... personally, I would not use that feature. If I want to play music, I fire up my Rhytmbox (Linux) and just use keyboard shortcuts to control the music as I play. Since almost everyone play music differently, I don't think it would be wise to add this feature in-game.

Or perhaps if someday there's a "Radio" object... but this needs other considerations (i.e. copyrights, DRM, audio codec, bandwidth, etc.)

Sorry to burst that bubble :)

• Hmm....From the way I read that it sounded like you (LordFoobar) read too deeply into the first or second posting. Maybe I'm reading too much into it again.

If you popped in a discs in Minecraft, played music in Grand Theft Auto 3 to GTA 5, or even added custom music into other games should be fine. Even Second Life with how you can host and stream music there. If denied by not being given a radio object then I could simply open up a dated client of Winamp and play music from there. It would however be neat to make a folder with music you could select from and play music from in that manner. Streaming it to yourself, or on servers, to sooth or party.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 also gives you a nice option of choosing actual radio stations to listen to, even being able to add shortcuts to listen to others. Adding both offline & online type selections would be neat with the games I mentioned in mind.

I'm now curious if I'm still hitting the notes xdeft mentioned with English not being everybody's native tongue. Even I can't master it properly.

• I think that everything should be original to begin with (on the finished game) so you have the radio object, as suggested, and the guys have created hundreds of original tracks and several radio stations, perhaps categorized by genre, for example they could have a station called dr.danceduck, and they could specialize purely in dance music.
    I strongly hope that the computer object will be a powerful customization hub, and allow you to add your music into the game. haa! Just my 2 cents, so to speak. hee hee!

• I think that everything should be original to begin with (on the finished game) so you have the radio object, as suggested, and the guys have created hundreds of original tracks and several radio stations, perhaps categorized by genre, for example they could have a station called dr.danceduck, and they could specialize purely in dance music.
    I strongly hope that the computer object will be a powerful customization hub, and allow you to add your music into the game. haa! Just my 2 cents, so to speak. hee hee!

... and I hope they create a virtual reality headset object that you can use with that computer object... 8o

• I do hope that when Red does add in a computer that it would be a multi-tasking object. I would be amused if Red made his own OS so you could look through images, your own videos, and music streaming from both the computer and the way 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' gives you a playlist to choose from.

Like Foobar mentioned....having a headset object, and a portable device, would be interesting for when you don't want to sit next to a radio, tv, computer object, or similar. This could happily 1-up Minecraft, GTA, and even Euro Truck Simulator 2. You don't really have to worry about copyright because it's all on your computer and the internet. What you hear stays in your world, or a server itself. If it finds itself on Livestream then that would just mute itself.

Ya, I can't wait for when music is added in through vanilla coding or modded coding.

• I do hope that when Red does add in a computer that it would be a multi-tasking object. I would be amused if Red made his own OS so you could look through images, your own videos, and music streaming from both the computer and the way 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' gives you a playlist to choose from.

Like Foobar mentioned....having a headset object, and a portable device, would be interesting for when you don't want to sit next to a radio, tv, computer object, or similar. This could happily 1-up Minecraft, GTA, and even Euro Truck Simulator 2. You don't really have to worry about copyright because it's all on your computer and the internet. What you hear stays in your world, or a server itself. If it finds itself on Livestream then that would just mute itself.

Ya, I can't wait for when music is added in through vanilla coding or modded coding.

I was being sarcastic... ... you know that... right? 8|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!