English Language Words Reminder

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I'm just wanting to help any foreign mixing up their words because reading mix-up is just cringe-worthy. I know I'm no expert on English grammar because I also tend to make loads of mistakes myself, yet wanted to combat the misuse of 'you're' & 'your' swapping. I tried helping some folks before with them becoming overly hostile trying to point out my flaws instead of politely making note to better themselves. Even so, I'm wanting to help foreign folks use the correct English words in proper places.

-------

- Your - Used in personal possession, not location. (That's 'your' item & place)
    - You're - Basically means "you are" (You are happy; You are sad; You are mad; You are over there!)
    - There - This basically means a location & place (Germany is over there! Look! Over there! Above Italy!)
    - Their - Used to describe someone's possession (That's their property with their food inside. Their car looks awesome!)
    - Weather - The climate of an area that mentions if it's sunny or not.
    - Whether - A choice one has to make in whether they have to go to the English forum or whether they should have fun in the German forum.
    - Peace - Think of the groovy 60's with how peace is something with no war.
    - Piece - Basically an item smashed into little bits or little parts of said item laying around.
    - Then - Used to continue a sentence & story ("I first played Minecraft, then I played Rising World)
    - Than - Used to compare one thing to another. (Is Minecraft better than Rising World?)
    - To - Used to bring up location (He went to Germany because it's fun).
    - Too - Used to describe something in addition or in excess.

----------

I'm seeing both foreigners & native English speakers mixing up the first 4 in the list that it becomes overly irritating. I'm only trying to help, even knowing my command of the English grammar is both strong & weak at the same time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!