Pumpkin Disapeared

• I was able to build and place a nice wooden table next to my workshop, with a pumpkin on top for decoration. When I came back from my mine two minutes later it was gone. Was this a bug or do you intend to allow plant items to disappear if they have been placed by users? Thanks for making this game - the level of detail makes it very exciting to construct building and other objects. It will certainly become even more exciting when the aggressive animals and monsters are roaming across the environment.

• That is an important difference to make Quezax. It was not a Jack o' Lantern and the only way to put it on the table was to drop it on the table. Is there a way to place harvested items with the f key? Perhaps that is what I should have done. If it is not currently possible to do that the developers should consider making that possible in the future.

• I was going to ask if it was around midnight when it disappeared. And did a number of mice disappear as well? Has there been a carriage pulled by a couple of horses sighted in the area?

Ha! Just kidding. Hope you get it resolved.

• @Quezax is right if you're talking about items (my brain automatically replaced pumpkin with jackolantern) ;) Items despawn after a given amount of time (duration can be changed in multiplayer). Currently we have no plans to change this behaviour, but we want to add special objects you can attach items to ;)

• After Quezax brought up the difference between dropping and item and placing an item my "pumpkin disappearance" made much more sense. However, would it be possible in the future to place some harvested items? I am thinking of logical places where we would expect to find them. One example would be to harvest flowers out in the outdoor environment and then place them in one of the decorative vases. I have several vases that would look much more decorative if they were not empty.

• After Quezax brought up the difference between dropping and item and placing an item my "pumpkin disappearance" made much more sense. However, would it be possible in the future to place some harvested items? I am thinking of logical places where we would expect to find them. One example would be to harvest flowers out in the outdoor environment and then place them in one of the decorative vases. I have several vases that would look much more decorative if they were not empty.

Yes, this is planned :) For plants as well as for other items (put your tools in a rack etc.)

• I was going to ask if it was around midnight when it disappeared. And did a number of mice disappear as well? Has there been a carriage pulled by a couple of horses sighted in the area?

Ha! Just kidding. Hope you get it resolved.

Lol. Yes, I did see a suspicious woman racing off in a carriage immediately following the theft of my pumpkin. Clearly I need to implement better security measures at my castle.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!