Another dream

• I dreamed that I was a marine on Mars (I am excited about the Doom 4 release this coming Friday as well) and as I exited the base, I found myself in a more natural setting of Rising World. The water was added and there were lots of additinal biomes added. I was standing in an arctic biome with lots of floating icebergs and penguins and polar bears walking about. In the distance I could see a beach and a nearby swamp. The trees in the swamp reminded me of minecraft trees with the vines hanging from them. I hope when swamps come that we will have conifers like in Florida where I live.

Too bad I could not see Lady Dewinter's beach house or ArcticKitsu exploring the swamp on a water craft made of papyrus. If the thoughts were fresh in my mind before sleeping then I sure they would have.

I was chatting with Red last night about the water update so I guess the thought was in my mind.

• Oh, space exploration is something I hope we touch on eventually. I already brainstormed what could be done in a realistic Kerbal Space Program manner, yet with a touch of 'Galacticraft' mod for Minecraft. I would welcome building a base on the moon & Mars for when our overworld becomes over-traversed. It doesn't have to be like Space Engineers, nor Empyrion, yet whatever Red51 can manage.

Teraforming Mars into an Earthlike planet would be sweet. Reminds me of an anime (Aria) with Mars turned into a giant watery planet inspired by Venice. You also mentioned me exploring a swamp in my papyrus boat? I would genuinely do that, as with any other sort of boat I'm given. If I can make a water trade-route & given reliable boats then I would genuinely do that. I would allow myself to get lazy by making shipping lane markers instead of making roads, railways, and such. I would focus on water-way routes.

And as a joke, I would love it if Red51 could give us the ability to play around with a German U-Boat. Not thinking of it as rude, just that underwater is rarely looked at ever since Silent Hunter 3 & 4, and German submarines are among the coolest submarines. You can store stuff in them, and etc :P. Minecraft failed to give us appropriate features to mess with the underwater part so I'm just seeking something to dip into the void in one manner or another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-190 & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-889

He said he would 'consider' submarines for later when the game is more solid, and nothing too big in size. Not 100%, just that it's loosely in mind. This has me worried though because that doesn't really leave us with many neat looking vehicles in size to play with for water, unless we get crafty with personal experiences & Google :P. Maybe I'm just blind while needing to see Red51's POV on vehicles.

[Sorry, rambling again.]

• I can agree with you strongly there. It's all on the side of mods. And I do find your dream interesting. Wait till you get more hardcore when you start dreaming more of Rising World in an equal fashion to how I played Minecraft to gain daily nightly dreams of it in various forms.

I'd still be amused if Red51 jokingly added in a U-Boat of his choosing for the fun of it all.

• I can agree with you strongly there. It's all on the side of mods. And I do find your dream interesting. Wait till you get more hardcore when you start dreaming more of Rising World in an equal fashion to how I played Minecraft to gain daily nightly dreams of it in various forms.

I'd still be amused if Red51 jokingly added in a U-Boat of his choosing for the fun of it all.

Would you be exploring the swamp biomes in a u-boat? Going to wage war on alligators?

When I first started to play Minecraft, I had near nighly dreams about exploring blocky landscapes. it was a lot of fun. I miss playing Minecraft and I almost started it up last night. i have an old server I used to run that I wouldnt mind spinning up again on my Linode box. I saw some videos of Feed the Beast and do admit that it looks cool. I wouldn't mind giving that one a shot too. But once water hits next week, I can assure you that not even Doom 4 will keep me away from Rising World. Ofcourse the $60 price tag and the need for a new video card helps. :(

• Another dream....

The whale probe from Star Trek 4 was attacking the oceans of the planet. A planetwide alert was called and everyone living on the coastlines were ordered to evacuate. The water update happened to come out that day so I decided to stay home and play Rising World. ^_^

(I'm not making this stuff up)

• Would you be exploring the swamp biomes in a u-boat? Going to wage war on alligators?

When I first started to play Minecraft, I had near nighly dreams about exploring blocky landscapes. it was a lot of fun. I miss playing Minecraft and I almost started it up last night. i have an old server I used to run that I wouldnt mind spinning up again on my Linode box. I saw some videos of Feed the Beast and do admit that it looks cool. I wouldn't mind giving that one a shot too. But once water hits next week, I can assure you that not even Doom 4 will keep me away from Rising World. Ofcourse the $60 price tag and the need for a new video card helps. :(

If they attack me, then yes. I'd wage war with them in a lovely U-Boat. There are U-boat wreckages found in various rivers around the world so that's something to note.

Nightly Minecraft dreams were fun. More so with Youtubers you never hang out with in real life doing various Minecrafty things. Even the odd dream of digging underground in that grim-dark manner that only dreams can render. That dark vibe you get. You have fun with them in dreams because they won't pay attention to you in real life, for obvious reasons. You need to be as big as them to gain attention.

My computer broke so I can' play Rising World, or any other game so I now need to get that fixed. My hard drive won't boot up so I'm now having to shell out more money to fix it. I'm obviously furious so I'm now going to be MIA until that's fixed, or lurking when bored. We'll see. If the water update comes out soon then I'm highly screwed T_T. Life is so unfair. My computer is being so unfair.

• Such moronic timing, and I had this computer for a good 2-3 months. It makes me furious. It should have happened a year or two later. Not now, too soon.

Ya, numerous errors that it wouldn't boot up the hard drive at all. Something either ate it, or it just out-right died. Freezes up on the windows logo, or even just fails to boot all together. It won't boot up. I also did something stupid of damaging the processor pins so that also needs to get fixed. I'm cursing up something worse than a storm. Now waiting to get it diagnosed or fixed where I bought it at.

• I hate being an idiot when it comes to computers. Dropped $408 onto this damn hard drive, windows, processor/CPU, & such yet I'm now able to play Rising World. I'm however on a new operating system (Win 10) so my errors shall be slightly different. Now, let's get water so I can dream Rising World :P

And now that we jested about it, I want to now make a U-Boat monument of some sort when we get swamps, either with a model, scaleable model/replica, or similar. Whatever works.

• Stupid jokes aside, I now had a dream I think I can tag on Rising World. Nothing special though as it was more nostalgia oriented.

[Lebreton Flats 'Google Maps'] - [Lebreton Flats image]

In my dream I'm basically revisiting this unused & highly ignored piece of valuable land as an ex-oil area. Basically for ores & oil. All those loose noodle oil pipes (Still iron, if rusted), rusted pipes, overgrown weeds, trees and such. Just a sign that I've been there, took the resources, and then decided to come back much later in a form of nostalgia while treating the land as the previous owners. Was a re-dream from an alternate POV also with me recalling what 'we' did, and what I was about to do. Even though it was a dream I was going to go back to build something more elegant on it.

About this dream, I always had ideas of fictionalizing it of having a digital Ottawa in some RPG open-world game, or similar, where I would just claim the land as my own and build a giant white tower on it. Basically a white (& red as trim) tower representing power, rebellious behavior, as well as a museum to show how lazy Canadians are in the Ottawa section; Displaying my own pride in it. [Ottawa] always wanting to be arrogant over doing what's genuinely fun. For my tower I had thought of ways to connect to various transport networks, as well as some alternate ideas of leisure, and a mini-library. Sadly, Ottawa is not modeled out so I can't go all 'Sim City' on the side. I can however base my designs in ways to mock my real-life city for my own city whenever I get to city building in this game, also connecting to my dream :P

Sorry for hi-jacking, just that this thread is appropriate for this kind of postings now.

• I had a dream last night that I can only attribute to rising world due to the level of construction involved. it happened in the aftermath of Kefka's reign in Final Fantasy 6. Some friends and I had found and restored and improved the old Blackjack airship that was destroyed at the end of the World of Ballance. Anyways, after weeks of work we were flying around exploring the towns and old historical sites such as the remains of Kefka's tower. I woke up thinking how sad it is that 7 is getting a complete re-make but the prequel is left to poorly done ports or retold in 2D games for android with poorly rendered sprites.

• Wow, you guys are having crazy dreams. I usually have either surreal as all hell or scary dreams that leave me going "whoa!" in the morning. Dreams are great for inspiration as well, I've written a bunch of story worlds based on them. Haven't had any about games for a while, although I did get a nightmare when I was younger, years ago mind you, and playing Halo 2 with my pal.

Eight hours in, straight, and we were fighting the Flood and that night I had a horrible dream I was trapped inside the covenant mother-ship/city ship (I forget its name) as I was being chased by the flood combat forms. It was also my first lucid dream as I realised none of it was real, made myself a shotgun out of thin air and was able to fly up into the air and shoot them all.

I had a couple of others; one where I was shot and actually felt the bullet punch me in the gut, and another where I was trying to film a giant bat out in some garden at night with a camcorder as it swooped around in the darkness, like some hardcore Ghost Adventures investigation. I also got pounced on by a giant werebat thing as well at one point, all I remember was pleading for my life until I woke up in a cold sweat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!