Steam game keeps crashing

• Hi!
    The problem:
    After installing the game for the first time, i played for about an hour with no problems, then decided to try to join a multiplayer game, could not connect to any servers of my liking due to them being password protected. Went back to singleplayer game, created a new one without caves, started game, game crashed in about 1-2 minuted with no apparent reason.

This is the error log:
    http://pastebin.com/QvyCB0K3

This is the report file:
    http://pastebin.com/JE3SRXWF

Debug console:
    http://pastebin.com/N7yEqMNT

(strangely enough, while i ran the game and kept alt-tabbing the game down to get as much from the console as i can, i managed to play for some 20 minutes before it crashed.

My system:
    Inspiron 15R SE 7520 laptop
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (cores: 4)
    RAM: 8068 MB
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2085 MB)
    Graphics API: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1119] (shader level 3.0)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2Gb

What i have done so far:
    # Tried playing the first game i created.
    # Tried reinstalling the game, with deleting local files.
    # Tried restarting pc.
    # I have checked for graphics driver updates, but it seems i can only run the manifacturers ones, which are pretty old.
    # Triple checked that the game and java is set to use the AMD card (yes i know i got 2 vid cards) ingame setting window is showing that it is using the AMD one (i assume https://snag.gy/qW2ZyO.jpg )
    # Tried making a new game with caves, still crashes with 1-2 minute intervals.
    # googled for solutions and searched the forums, did read the troubleshooting, didnt find a solution. if my gpu is unusable for this game, how come it ran for an hour before,
    also i can play games like 7 days to die with no problem.
    # turned graphics to normal (the hour i played they were at high and all the other options were checked as by default)
    # unchecked all the graphics option boxes (as seen in the picture above)
    # Ran the game in non full screen mode

What i have noticed out of place - right after the crash in steam library list, it has a % progress bar and says syncing, it is only for a moment, but that shows right after every crash.

On side note, i really enjoyed the time i had to play this and i think the game has a huge potential, and i really hope the crashes can be resolved :)

• Thanks for the detailed information :) :thumbup: The crash is caused by the AMD graphics driver, it's dated on 2012, the old AMD drivers unfortunately have broken OpenGL support :( But it since you have a Radeon HD 7730 it should be possible to install the genuine AMD driver, at least it states that it's compatible with the 7700M series: http://support.amd.com/en-us/d…desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64
    Installing this driver should solve the problem. In some situations it may be necessary to update the Intel driver as well, but usually it should be fine to just install the AMD driver. If it still does not work then, please let us know

• I cannot install anything for the intel card, i tried, it said something about not compatible, get the latest drivers from manufacturer (i assume dell in this case, which do not have any new drivers)

For some unknown reason, after posting the previous post, i tried to play again and this time played with no crashes...

And nothing happens when i click download from the supplied link for amd drivers XD
    I tried a search for the file in google, tried going there from different browser (am using chrome and tried IE) and nothing.
    Maybe i am just cursed...

Will report back how to playing/crashing goes once i get back to the game tomorrow.

Edit: I got the AMD update file from a different site than amd, will report back once i test it, still no idea why the game did not crash the last time i played. I mean, it is good that it didn't crash, but that does not help understand what was wrong.

• I cannot install anything for the intel card, i tried, it said something about not compatible, get the latest drivers from manufacturer (i assume dell in this case, which do not have any new drivers)

Yeah, that's a common problem with laptops. However, there is a workaround to manually install the Intel driver (although it does not work always), but usually it should be sufficient to just update the AMD driver ;)

And nothing happens when i click download from the supplied link for amd drivers XD

Hmm that's strange... I was able to download the driver without any problems (firefox) =O Did you disable Javascript eventually?

Edit: I got the AMD update file from a different site than amd, will report back once i test it, still no idea why the game did not crash the last time i played. I mean, it is good that it didn't crash, but that does not help understand what was wrong.

If the game still crashes, a recent "hs_err_pid" file (or "errorlog") and a new "report" might be useful :) About the crashes, usually it just crashes randomly. It depends on your driver version and your graphics card. Sometimes you can't even start the game, sometimes it crashes after a few seconds, sometimes it's even possible to play an hour or so. There are several factors that can trigger the driver bug. I don't know what goes wrong in the driver exactly, I just know that AMD fixed that issue in recent driver versions ^^

• So after a few more searches, i found the AMD driver from a different site, installed it, played the game.
    I've done 3 sessions, one was over 2 hours and two more around 30 minutes and 2 more hours, so far the game has not crashed again! :)

*Goes to look for an OMG section in forums to publicly drool about ingot smelting being so realistic and different types of wood XD

• Yes.. the ingot smelting is so realistic down to the detail of picking them up with your bare hands ;-p

ha, would you rather wait another day or so, to pick them up? :) also the game is in development, maybe they will add tongs, like wooden ones for beginning :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!