Using grass for thatch roofing

• I was wondering if it had been discussed.
    I can use the sickle and pick up grass to plant..
    Could I,or will I be able to ,use grass as thatch on my roof?

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading

• Plenty of times :)

We are supposed to get more primitive crafting soon. There has been no official word on what kinds of primitive shelters will be buildable.

Would be nice if we could have tents we can actually walk into. Possibly put a chest & workbench inside it? Got to admit when I made my first tent with wool I was a bit bummed out. Still thatch would be great for fire starters, maybe building. I think a fire spread feature, and campfires that require wood would be a great addition.

• Makes me wonder how people would view having tipi's, and various other sorts of variations of this from around the world to choose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipi

Bedouin tents, Mongolian tents, among others. There's many to make note of :).

As I noted elsewhere (perhaps when speaking of ancient Egypt, but I do not really remember), this seems to me another perfect example for a (future!!!) modding/plug-in/add-on framework: no matter how many tent types the dev team may provide, some will not be there. It seems to me a better optimisation of resources if they just provide one (even just the one already existing) and then mods provide variants.

Also thinking that, if you have a, say, Mongolian tent, you probably would also like to have Mongolian harness, Mongolian dresses, decorative patterns, furniture (well... furniture...), weapons and so on. And an add-on pack is already outlined.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!