Questions Question Questions #1

• Intro - Introduction - Garlotch

Hello everyone,

I have some questions, as I am a noob. You may have guessed that there will probably be more questions, hence the "#1" on the end of the title. Yes I am a noob, although I deem it fair to say that a lot of you, if not most, are noobs also, since the game only came out on steam a week and a bit ago. Although the game could have come out a long time ago, just not on steam, I have no idea.

So in game, I noticed I have the ability to fly, use a torch that I do not have on me, and craft weapons and other things at no expense. I assumed all of this is because of some reasons, it being in early development etc. Or maybe I am just ignorant. Is there any way to turn off all of these... "advantages" and perhaps give myself a 'survival' experience? (Minecraft Veteran Speaking). Is there any option/s to turn these "perks" off?

I tried killing animals, they did not drop anything, nor could i harvest things from them? Or maybe I just didn't hack/slash at them enough. But I could open their "inventory" which had a lot of spaces? I'm not sure what to think of that...

Also, I needed ores, so I tried tunneling all the way down, but I couldn't find any? How do I get ores, must I find a cave or something?

Thanks!

• By now I'm sure you've the "Newbie" link that was posted in your intro.
    As for super-flying, no drops from animals, no ores, free tools, etc.- it is alpha and there's a lot to add. It's not complete by a long shot. Hang in there- you ain't seen nuthin yet. (OR, another way to look at it, enjoy the free stuff while you can.)

• Exactly, as @Geneo said, flymode and stuff only exists because the game is in development, and especially the survival part is very incomplete yet. The "magic light" is the first thing that will be removed very soon. You can only craft some items for free because the required resource is still missing. This changes as soon as more resources come into the game. Flymode will be removed when the "fall trough ground" glitch is fixed (and flying is the only workaround to prevent you from dying) and the survival gamemode is more completed.

Ores are still missing as animal drops, but both is in the works ;)

• Exactly, as @Geneo said, flymode and stuff only exists because the game is in development, and especially the survival part is very incomplete yet. The "magic light" is the first thing that will be removed very soon. You can only craft some items for free because the required resource is still missing. This changes as soon as more resources come into the game. Flymode will be removed when the "fall trough ground" glitch is fixed (and flying is the only workaround to prevent you from dying) and the survival gamemode is more completed.

Ores are still missing as animal drops, but both is in the works ;)

No one, could have said it better my friend. :thumbsup:

• I noticed this morning that I could no longer simply add ore to my game with "item ore 64". It now says that I don't have permission. Was this intentionally taken out? It was my assumption that eventually this would be changed, but I am a bit surprised that it would happen this quickly.

• No that seems to still work for me just fine.

You have to be admin to use it, and if you are playing single player(techinically local server).
    If you are not able to connect to the hive server, the game makes your username the computer's local user that you are logged into your computer with.
    This username may not be recognized as admin on any server including local.
    (A thoery as to what is going one, or just another bug)

Babas had a similar issue, and he had to start the game from the folder to work around the issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!