Patriot Hard Drives Troubles

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Alright, I want to give people a warning that if you get a Patriot hard drive be highly cautious with them because they fail way too easily. They're good for the time they work, but they bust so hard that it hurts. Their lifespan seems to be about 3 to 6 months....... I had one at around February or March then it died at May. I had to get another one that it lasted me into November......A few months longer, yet same error of failing completely.

https://patriotmemory.com/

I had a 240 GB Patriot Blast SSD that now stalled out my desire to record more Rising World videos and I'm not one bit happy because every follower also counts on my end on Youtube. I'm not Weem or Vortac, and I've delayed my videos as it is. I had to get a Samsung SSD of a 250 GB size with a bit of a discount at $130 Canadian........ I now have to get OBS back, among other things to make episodes again....

Damn it......How frustrating. I now have to tell Red51 again that missing posters should glow in some manner so you can find them, hunt them down, and delete. That, or to upload the images onto the cloud so they can carry with the world when cloud saving onto a new hard drive......... :cursing:

• Nope, because nobody told me anything about it. Nobody bothers to tell me, or they assume I know everything. We're simply creating & upgrading technology at an alarming rate that it's difficult to keep up. Nobody told me about TRIM. Even then, that's troublesome with how died out so suddenly compared to other types of harddrives out there......

-------------

Edit:
    Alright, so I did a bit of Goolging around and it seems it is indeed enabled automatically by Windows 10. It does it itself.

• We're simply creating & upgrading technology at an alarming rate that it's difficult to keep up.

Well, TRIM is there since at least 8 years: Windows started supporting it only recently, Linux started in 2008 but never got it right. On another side, OpenType is there since, how long? twenty years? And the applications really supporting it are very, very few.

Probably, technology is not advancing at an alarming rate at all (in fact, there is no real breakthrough since, mmm, decades?); probably, there is so much of it, on so many disparaged fronts and with so many tiny details than we cannot cope with it (and it is hard to be motivated to cope with it).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!