Rope and logs

• 1) Actually a 'climbing rope'.
    We have 2 problems: 1) falling down holes, actually vertical caves, to our death, and 2) going down steep sides of mountains or cliffs. Right now there's no way to explore those 'holes' unless we fly down there.
    I think it would be handy to have a climbing rope so we could lower ourselves down those holes (and climb back up), find other cave branches down there, (future) ores, etc. Of course, it shouldn't be 'infinite' in length- maybe limited to 50 to 200 blocks long. Want to go further down- need another rope. You'd need to attach rope #2 in another spot... or maybe you could even tie them together.
    You attach the end to a placed solid block that doesn't have any other blocks around it, or tree (think "tying it off" around a block or tree).
    How do you craft one? Depends on what is added to the game. Vines, hemp, braided cloth, who knows?
    Just an idea for the future.....

2) Logs.
    Right now we chop down a tree, chop on it again and that breaks it into short logs.
    I'm thinking it would be handy to instead chop all the branches and leaves off, then chop logs off one at a time to shorten it the length we want, and then pick up the tree. Yea, it would take a bit longer but we could use the trees to make log cabins, stockade fences, regular fences, corrals, all sorts of tree-log related stuff (sorry, if using RW terminology is confusing you). I just think since we have a perfectly good tree lying there, let's put it to use. Shame you can't do anything with it except chop it up. (Yet, anyway).

• I think climbing ropes have been mentioned in some form.

Logs. I would love it if chopping logs was locational and then be able to use the log any way you like. Also if you could leave a taller stump, something to put lights on etc.. Chopping the branches would be great, even without chopping logs to size. Chopping branches should provide you with sticks / kindling etc.. plenty of crafting material to be had. Need some way to get sticks etc. without hacking down all the bushes in the world.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• You can craft planks and sticks from 'logs'. You don't need bushes. (I never cut them down.... but I could be missing the obvious).

• I assumed the bushes were a unevolved tree - pokemon joke, sorry xD

But they could have a individual purpose, young trees are great for making snares and traps for example. During the war in Vietnam, some of the traps made with with them were utterly horrifying. War tends to bring that out however.

I'm hoping for some bamboo. There are a million things you can make with bamboo aside from just furniture and housing, pipes, rafts, blowguns, punji, bows, fireworks, paper...

• Bamboo yes. jungle biome. fencing and blow darts too!

Need bushes for berries! Poisonous or not. Bushes could be useful for cover also, if that was put in the game...

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Completely agree with you Quezax. My castle most definitely needs some shrubbery to spruce up the look of the place. Right now I end up with either bare dirt or stone tiles in front of every building. It looks like my building budget ran out and no money was available for landscaping. ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!