Building on Water (Materials)

• Alright, here's another one of those 'food for thought' posts in how we could make Rising World 'more entertaining' via water building. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about blocks & planks, but with what materials you would use to make structures in lakes, oceans, & seas. Basically in any body of water which requires you to also use scuba gear. Can't tell if this thread is me being stupid. We'll see if it is, or not.

Would Red51 add in a new building type to the game, something we're unaware of, or something we could improvise using floating materials in Rising World.

There's structures with pillars on them (Britain has some that are now a nation of its own), there's Russian with their abandoned naval bases from the Soviet era, there's the oil rigs, and then we those basic huts on stilts.

http://www.thetikihutcompany.c…lt/files/Maldives-17i.jpg

Maunsell Fort:

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.co…4/12/maunsell-forts-2.jpg

They're on stilts, something to avoid the rough waves of the ocean.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XTy…/P_7sU76D9UQ/s1600/17.jpg

Then there's these Soviet naval bases.

--------------------

I guess one would either have to A) use floating building materials, or B) Find little islands to then use as a foundation to add in all sorts of various floors & such. Draining the water the appropriate manner in whatever Rising World version we have. On would scuba dive to build a foundation building it upwards to then make a boat dock & such.

Rising World isn't the first game to 'inspire' this. Minecraft spawned numerous ocean cities that I tried inspiring from, yet failed to follow through to the very end. I was going to, yet had to drop out. There's this game called 'Landless' that now has me wondering because we have untapped oceans we can build on also to keep away from pirates, bandits, and raiders. Red51 showed little interest in having pirates on water that we may be safe from them on water, until he catches on (or has caught on) to populate the water with threats also. Pirate ships, bandits on water, and such.

http://store.steampowered.com/…/Landless/?snr=1_4_4__128

There's that 'Landless' game to inspire from, lightly.

- Medieval Era: Simple raft styled builds with some stones sinking into the shallow parts. Would be mostly wooden coated in various oils & such to proof it from dangerous waters.
    - Modern: More complex cement and stone mixes. Even metallic to allow for more complex naval related builds to hold boats, submarines, and etc.

------------

Alright, this may be gibberish so do your best in making heads and tails out of this. I'm just curious how one would build structures in the ocean for when we gain scuba gear to make foundations & such. To use something other than blocks & planks; More 'cement' or water related building materials. ?( Zork, you seem to love these threads so do your best in brainstorming heh.

• ive seen cabins floating on Styrofoam before , very large blocks of it.
    in baffin bay tx , there is alot of them , some are kinda funky some are very nice. regardless its a pretty fun experience.

• Yeah, I'm glad you got where I'm getting at. The thought of building on water by using floaty materials, or even floating a whole structure from the land into the ocean to then anchor it in place using stilts, or even anchors. Even just floating about using the styrofoam.

Well, I guess one has to view the video I linked of 'Landless' to then wait till they see a demo of the person building a square shelter in the middle of the water. Should be an interesting experience.

• Oh! Now that'll be an interesting challenge. I wonder if we could be given a metallic floating platform we can then start building on top of using planks and beams. Have it floated out into the ocean, anchored into place by the system (an an actual anchor (or stilts), then build via planks & beams on it. I'd happily make that sort of building/structure in the water. I'm sure we can do it now via blocks, yet floating it could be interesting with a boat.

• Using the planks & beams plugin I'm certain I can make something like this. I could even use a black brick foundation to then use planks, beams, and the rounded one to make this.

I'd have to keep pillaring up with a beam with the current way Rising World does things. Who knows if it'll change in the future, thus why I brought this thread up. Just create a 9x20 foundation (or similar) then play around with planks & such heh. That, or just make it all out of planks & beams, something that should be easy for me now. Keep bucketing until you can get rid of the water underneath (within; basement), or something. I'd have to try this out later that I wish we had scuba gear, something we may gain in the next update or two.

I have a general idea on how to mess about with this.

• That would look really good.

I only have little ponds in my world, no ocean. I chose the flat land with caves. I'm going to build on the coast.

That's why I found those pictures, I was not sure what I wanted to build, so I searched for different house plan layouts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!