So no one is talking about the Elephant in the room?

• So this morning tried to get on RW and nothing on my favorite list, nothing, nothing on regular list. Slowly servers came back mine then others. Ant thoughts on this?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Hmmm so when Red is down we are all down? I am a bit confused because I do not host thru "the" data center so? OR is it because we are a hive mentality and resistance is futility ?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Hmmm so when Red is down we are all down? I am a bit confused because I do not host thru "the" data center so? OR is it because we are a hive mentality and resistance is futility ?

If your server does not use the hive server to authenticate players then the outage would not affect your server but most of us do rely on the hive. Assuming a player has added your server to their favorites list, they would still be able to see it while the Hive is down. Actually it would be nice to someday have a 2nd or 3rd hive server to have a little redundancy when this sort of thing happens. From what I understand, everything that is JIW (the hive server and the website and whatever else is part of their company) is located in one data center so its a single point of failure.

• If your server does not use the hive server to authenticate players then the outage would not affect your server but most of us do rely on the hive. Assuming a player has added your server to their favorites list, they would still be able to see it while the Hive is down. Actually it would be nice to someday have a 2nd or 3rd hive server to have a little redundancy when this sort of thing happens. From what I understand, everything that is JIW (the hive server and the website and whatever else is part of their company) is located in one data center so its a single point of failure.

i couldn't say it any better ^^^^

to disable the hive verification so users can connect when the hive is down, set the (server_hive_verification=true) to (server_hive_verification=false) in your server.properties file then restart your sever,

note: once the hive is back up its best to set this setting back to true, this can help hackers stay off your server

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!