Trigger change object status through the API

From now on, we will use this info box to inform you about noteable updates on our Trello-Roadmap!

Trello update: We've recently implemented grass and now finalized the occlusion renderer to prevent grass from passing through objects. In addition to that, snowfall now also affects meadows
  • Another thought for @red51. Would it be possible to give us the possibility to trigger a ChangeObjectStatus Event without the player interacting with an object?

e.g.1 open a door through the API if a player does something else that I am going to monitor with my plugin (e.g. steps on a specific block, or enters a specific area, or places a specific item in a specific chest).

e.g.2 turn on a furnace through the API when a specific condition (again monitored independently by my plugin) has been met (e.g. a specific number of ores has been placed at specific positions in the furnace)

In general I think it would be a good idea to give access through the API to all the objects e.g. placed furnaces/doors/etc. Would make a good starting point for some fun plugins ;)

• so like if a player goes to open a chest the door next to him opens lol nice idea

i guess all things that are able to have there state changed should be logged in the database like chests are

i guess something like setDoor(id, true) true = open false = closed setFurnace(id, true) true = on false = off i guess this also could be the start of adding power to the game.

76561198018554331.png

:thumbsup: Rising Citys @ ip 74.118.138.151:4265 ServerName (Yahgiggles Rising Citys) :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :S

• so like if a player goes to open a chest the door next to him opens lol nice idea

i guess all things that are able to have there state changed should be logged in the database like chests are

i guess something like setDoor(id, true) true = open false = closed setFurnace(id, true) true = on false = off i guess this also could be the start of adding power to the game.

I know the objects are logged in the world database with their current state but since the game uses the cached version of the database to control them I cannot just use an sql query to change the state, it doesn't work :(

Thus we need some methods as you described above :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!