Hey guys, just wanted to know if anybody wanted to experiment with something that may or may not be complex. I guess we could even call this plugin a 'Foraging Plugin', if you'd like. It's experimental because we don't have NPCs yet. This is something I've been thinking seriously for a month or so that I'm actually curious to see how this shall develop in a Rising World light.
I was wondering if anybody could try making a test plugin where you could use something like a piece of paper on a bookshelving, or even a desk, to send NPCS (phantoms in this case) to go on various expeditions to gather resources and come back. You could somehow RMB/LMB on the desk to pop open an option screen to then select a set duration or manually set duration of these "ghost" NPCs to go "explore" for resources until they come back with a randomized set of goodies. Think dungeon chest type random, if you need to for example purposes.
1) LMB/RMB with paper on a desk or bookshelving.
2) Menu pops up with categories of what these "NPCS" should look for; Set times of 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, up to 5 hrs real time
3) Confirm category & time options to then see a timer ticking away somewhere
(Do your own thing during that time)
4) Time elapsed to then be notified somehow (Chat?) to then click the desk again to then see what resources these "ghost NPCS" have found.
5) Go back to 1, or exit out of menu.
Categories would be food, ores, Miscellaneous, Stone, Dirt, and such. The duration could go from 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hrs, and etc. Maybe even at 15 min intervals upwards, or even set manually with randomization adding more for longer periods, yet still randomized on the loot.
If someone could help make this then I thank you kindly. It's very important because it also may tie in with Dummy NPCs and actual NPCs later. If someone can help make this then you have my highest respect. If you need to be paid then something could be arranged after you created the plugin. I'm not going anywhere, thus "after" comment. I need to see results.