Scaffolding?

• I'm really new to this game, however played several sandboxes. Is there an option for scaffolding that you can put down as a temporary "ladder" so to speak so that you can get to the top of your wall to cap it off? Or put a roof on.

• We are planning to introduce a stepladder (which can be picked up), that will help to reach the topside of a wall.
    Apart from that we are also planning to add scaffolding elements, but they're most likely suited for bigger buildingprojects ^^

• Ok, I know about this F2 to fly, but my thing is. Anything that alters or wouldn't make it "realistic" so to speak kind ruins the game for me. I was using the F2 to fly around last night in order to put blocks higher up on my wall, but just wasn't enjoyable.

And I know that this game is in progress and realize that alot of features are coming. Just wanted to ask to see if there was this option or if it was planned.

Thanks for the response.

• The problem I can see with a 'step ladder' is that it's a fixed height, and requires 2 anchor points.
    How about an 'extension ladder'? It can be extended (within reason) way beyond what a step ladder can reach, and only requires 1 anchor point.

Course, to satisfy the OP's problem, why can't you build a temporary dirt or stone ramp, or even temporarily attach stairs to the side of the wall? Scaffolding sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

• The problem I can see with a 'step ladder' is that it's a fixed height, and requires 2 anchor points.
    How about an 'extension ladder'? It can be extended (within reason) way beyond what a step ladder can reach, and only requires 1 anchor point.

Yes it's true, the stepladder will have a fixed height. It's mainly intended to help you when building rooms with a regular height (so that you can always reach the topside of a wall).
    Something like an extension ladder would also make sense, we will put it on our todo-list ;)

• Course, to satisfy the OP's problem, why can't you build a temporary dirt or stone ramp, or even temporarily attach stairs to the side of the wall? Scaffolding sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

While that would work, scaffolding appeals to me more. Firstly, a re-usable construction aid is not as wasteful of resources as making (and later destroying) some temporary structure to climb on, and secondly as it has a more realistic look. (ie, looking at some ongoing construction you might say "this building is being worked on" rather than "why would anyone build stairs out there?")

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!