Resizing Extended Construction Objects

• So, I'm in the process of adding wooden planks around my doors so that everything in my castle isn't made out of stone. I can rotate and snap them easily, but I must ask a dumb question. :( How do you resize the planks. I have looked at the F1 information but that is not helping.

Thanks.

• My vote: without.
    I don't think castles had 'trim 'back then.

("I figured it out" doesn't help the rest of us much. There is, however, an excellent 'extended construction' tutorial/video that everyone should watch that shows you all the neat stuff you can do besides just 'extending' or 'resizing': Tutorial - Extended Construction System )

• Just by looking at these pictures, I would also say that the right one looks better.
    Also, if anyone finds this thread wondering how to scale the extended construction items:
    You can re - scale them by holding [shift] and using the [up] and [down] - arrow keys.

• I concur that the wood seems out of place around doors.
    Many keeps and towers had stone walls, but the upper levels were essential wooden platforms.
    You could add wood beams spanning hallways as structural cross braces and rafters.
    And stone was not common in many keep and castle roofs due to engineering need to supports the weight.

There would be areas that you can play with to reduce the monotone feel of a caste build.
    Also want to use different stone textures for different functions, building's interior/exterior walls, floors/ceilings, defensive fortification walls/building walls.

• Thanks to Meltron and Geneo for providing helpful information/links for those who are looking for help in using Extended Construction Objects. Also, the unanimous opinion about the door trim makes a ton of sense. All of the door trim is going to be removed and I am also going to replace the floors with a different stone block. This is the part that I feel quite comfortable with, but Quezax is correct when he says that wood beams would be more realistic and aesthetically pleasing. I don't have any experience with the beams, but its time to experiment and try it out. Any videos about these construction techniques would be a welcome addition to this forum. Some things have been covered, but it would be helpful to see more specific ones about roof construction, beams spanning hallways, etc.

• Experimenting with new ideas and seeing what works is what it's all about! :D

Here is a vid I just found for ya. This guy seems to be making a medieval town with cardboard and paper etc.. and painting it. But right away you can see the stone tower with a wood frame built on top and the wood roof. Good inspiration regardless if it could be burnt with a lighter.. haha

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!