new additions to dev team?

• I did some searches on this but found nothing. If has been mentioned before, sorry.

Just curious if you guys plan on adding more people to your team there red. If so, at what point will that become a priority. Meaning like, how many copies sold before new additions will be added? I would hate for you guys to try to do this on your own and as a result it's a failure.

And no, I'm not trying to get a job nor should people start posting how they want a job.....

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Would be nice to know. Also, how many people are actually working on the game? I mean, red51 is surely one of the devs and KingGenius as well, but what about lucien.schuenke ( I mean, why is he "only" Super-Moderator here? :P ). I guess waveshapr is "just" the sound designer.

ZaCormyr: Did you change your name or am I really dump?

• Currently I'm the only person who works on the game, @KingGenius handles the authentication stuff and website (and everything related to this, e.g. wiki, bugtracker etc.), and @lucien.schuenke is responsible for our servers and the launchers for Steam.

Getting other people working on the game is not that easy, first we'd have to introduce them into the code, and that will be a very time consuming task.
    We will not give up this project so quickly ;) If we ever decide to stop development (that will never happen under normal circumstances), we would make the project open-source, or find someone else who continues the work. But as mentioned, that will not happen, we will not give up.

We need help when it comes to assets, especially 3D models. A full rework of the current character model is planned (at the same time a clothing system and a female character will be introduced), that will be done in the near future ;)

• Learn the code. Yes. Wish we could help with the models. Female character! Good call! No fing skimpy clothes eh.. grr. :P Well keep at it dude, best of luck. Don't mess this up eh! No pressure.. haha ;)

And thanks for taking a moment..

• Don't listen to them.
    You've got the basis for an excellent, long-term game here. It's very impressive, and shaping up to be better than 99% of the 'others' out there. As hard as you're working the very least we can do it talk it up so more people try it, more development money comes in, etc. I realize right now it might fall under the "labor of love" category, but hopefully, in the future, it will be more than 'worthwhile'.

I know we come up with some pretty crazy, half-baked ideas sometimes (though a few are not bad), and hopefully you'll ignore those. But trust your vision of where you want the game to go. We trust you. You know the Big Picture, we don't. Though we don't always say it, you're doing an excellent job and we can't wait to see how this project turns out.

Now get back to work. :D:)

• I think its fine for the early stage of the game how it works, and i like the actual task allocation. I had an idea, what if we "the community" will help creating stuff like 3d models, maybe when the community is big enough we can make a contest system on a voluntary basis. To be more tangible, e.g. you the devs say "We need a tankard.", you give a Date til the community can create and send you stuff. At the end of the date you can start a poll which one of the send pieces the community likes most.

It's just an idea, but it has several benefits:
    1. You don't need money to get some game content
    2. You don't have to hire new people (saves money too)
    3. No pressure, no one creates something for a given task or the work is not acceptable, you still can buy it.
    4. Using the expertise of a large crowd, i think everyone can and would create something cool.

I think of it like an advanced system of the space engineers guys, they use user-generated content, to fill up their world. The same could be in rising world, too. A user creates 20 houses in a specifc style, these could be use to generate several towns out of the house pool. Like said all just an idea and maybe for later development stage but it is allowed to dream :P

• Nice idea, but unfortunately, unless you teach me how to model, I couldn't contribute to that. So would be nice, if users could build houses as you mentioned or towns and red could then use this to make the game generate randomized towns and stuff. This way, the world would look way more realistic, if there are already some towns etc. when you load the map the first time (Not too much of those things of course). Well, I guess then he had to program bots of citizens, too, unless you want jsut ruins or ghost towns^^

• You guys know I was being silly right? Ok.. My ideas aren't half-baked! They're fully-baked! Just maybe for a different game which isn't out yet.. lol

Nova, yes exactly. Could be for models, writing, LUA code, textures etc.. It's not all THAT hard to learn some basic modelling there Meltron. Not sure if buildings made in the game could be used as buildings being generated by the game like NPC villages or temples etc.. Would be great if that were true though!

A content competition would be great and I think actually bring more people to the game.

• Nice idea, but unfortunately, unless you teach me how to model, I couldn't contribute to that. So would be nice, if users could build houses as you mentioned or towns and red could then use this to make the game generate randomized towns and stuff. This way, the world would look way more realistic, if there are already some towns etc. when you load the map the first time (Not too much of those things of course). Well, I guess then he had to program bots of citizens, too, unless you want jsut ruins or ghost towns^^

Wasn't just thought on modeling, some people can texture well, some people make amazing scripts, some people build wonderful houses and other may can write immersive storys for a mission or something. And agree everyone starts learning, and the developer have nothing to lose they could choose what's in their mind of quality.

Learn the code. Yes. Wish we could help with the models. Female character! Good call! No fing skimpy clothes eh.. grr. :P Well keep at it dude, best of luck. Don't mess this up eh! No pressure.. haha ;)

And thanks for taking a moment..

Hehe, if it's only modeling it's a pain in my opinion to get a smooth animation on the low poly model ;D.

• To be honest I haven't attempted to animate a model I have made. Only did a basic block if I remember correctly haha Mostly I've done mapping for TF1 and TF2, Far Cry 2, Counter Strike and a couple others I can't remember because I just took my first sip of coffee.. I write and make music also.

• Don't listen to them.
    You've got the basis for an excellent, long-term game here. It's very impressive, and shaping up to be better than 99% of the 'others' out there. As hard as you're working the very least we can do it talk it up so more people try it, more development money comes in, etc. I realize right now it might fall under the "labor of love" category, but hopefully, in the future, it will be more than 'worthwhile'.

I know we come up with some pretty crazy, half-baked ideas sometimes (though a few are not bad), and hopefully you'll ignore those. But trust your vision of where you want the game to go. We trust you. You know the Big Picture, we don't. Though we don't always say it, you're doing an excellent job and we can't wait to see how this project turns out.

Now get back to work. :D:)

I see a lot of devoted people who wanna help this game getting better/bigger.So maybe we as community can try to promote it anywhere we can across the net?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!