"Length" in Rising World

We've posted a status update with some first screenshots of the new terrain generation. There is also a new update available for the Java version!

• "Length" in Rising World

I am trying to recreate my house with accurate measurements in Rising World. Let's say, one wall in my living room in real life is 144 Inches. What would I have to do to make a wall that is 12 feet long in Rising World as accurate as possible?
    I am aware of the "setp" command, but do not fully understand how to use the command.

I understand that the game's length system is in Millimeters, so another question I have is, when I use the command, "setp 1", is that setting the length to 1 Millimeter? I kind of feel stupid for asking, but I want to make sure...
  • 1 block side is 0.5m you can convert that to inches and calculate from there.

setp is positioning precision not length, for instance setp 1 means that each time you move a beam/plank/etc. with the arrow keys/PgUp/PgDn after you have locked it into position with RShift it will move by 1mm

if you want to get lengths you should use size, I think size 1 1 1 on a beam makes it block size but you should experiment with that.
    Admin on Artisan's Realm
    Rising World Projects:
    Blueprint Texture Editor
    MailingSystem
    ServerTools
    Portals
  • We've built with accurate building plans, i. E. 1 to 1. But I'm not able to deal with inches, we use meters and centimeters. To work with those messurements, you could use 1 block = 0,5 m. I'm using setl 25, so biggest woodbeam is 0,5, then 0,375 m, 0,25m, 0,125 m and so on. This is the most accurate way I know. I was used to play with an architect and he used CAD and building plans with such measurements. Of course you can convert inches to meter and vice versa. I had to convert with a building plan from a Mediterranian house. The measurement 0,5 = 1 block is the mathematical best choice, I know. You could also use the size command to build. It's absolutely recommended to use the grid.
    12 feet = biggest length of a woodbeam = 3m, (1/4 of this is 0.75), you need 3,658, I would suggest 3,65m, better than 3,660 m.
    You could decrease the woodbeam from 3 m with setl 10. Be aware the smallest piece us 0,05 m and you could enlarge to the choosen length.
    Or...you use the size command. But this could result in some overlapping parts.
    I'm not sure if you could understand me correctly; for accurate buildings you have to calculate. Good luck