Posts by zfoxfire

Perhaps have a live Q&A for curious players? You’d set up a way for players to submit any questions, and then you’d answer them in a live steam on YouTube or something. You may want to speak german, but have English subtitles?

I, myself am very curious and eager to see more about how you both make the game!

red51
    I think a lot of us are just curious what you look like and wanna see your workstation ;)

I like the idea of live sessions. I know that I and others have brought this up before but maybe a Patreon channel? :-D

In this case, I'd probably prefer to rely on a recycler which could give me back the original resources (or at least some of the original resources) so I can craft a new stack.

Yes this! recyling of unused or old construction is a very natural way. like i said above, storage for raw materials and recycling (rather than a trashcan which despawns objects) is probably the way to go, especially now when dropping an object no longer despawns it (like in real life).

This has my vote. Circumvents problem caused by incorrectly create blocks, sometimes even wrong textures. But maintains immersive survival mode. :thumbup:

P.s. Maybe option on workbench/blockbench to deconstruct blocks back to stone/wood etc.?

Personally I feel the grinder is heavily under-utilized in the old version. The sledgehammer is great for recovering from a mistake but we still need a means to destroy blocks and recover raw stone again or maybe turn it all into gravel. And when I see the objects and mechanics in the unity demo I get the feeling we are moving away from the minecraft style storage chest which I felt was never the Rising World way in the first place. The new chests seem to let you have objects in them placed as if you would place them in the world. Perhaps we need to move towards more specific storage solutions for raw materials. I have never played Medival Engineers but from what I have seen they have storage devices for wood and for stone. i get the impression from the hay-filled animal feeder that Rising World will eventually go this way. so maybe we just store raw materials, recycle building materials and keep chest storage to a minimal.

Nice video! I couldn't figure out how to make the paint roller work. What were you clicking to get to paint? Or does it work only in creative mode right now?

I don't recall creative mode being required but I think there was a bug in the first release (which is now patched) where the paint roller would not work but still allowed cycling of colors. its RMB to change color, then hold LMB to start painting an object. It only works on certain objects such as furniture.

Just curious when these might be added, not that we need them now apparently since the new object scaling feature allows one to substitute with doors, tables, chairs, dressers, and log benches. :D

Is there a way to reset the world? I found out that dying replaces all the items lying around the level but doesn't restore the terrain and structures. For example I've mined some of the mountain and destroyed some objects like the birdhouse/clocks, and I want to reset so I can have those back to how they were. :)

There's no in-game method yet but since the current single player game is generated statically, you can simply delete the old one then re-launch the game to have it re-generated.

Default location for most players is going to be here in windows:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rising World\_New Version\Worlds
    The word is saved in the folder called "New World". Delete this folder and re-launch the game

I love this playground area. I'm digging the grandfather clock, the Japanese lanterns, and a bit happily annoyed by the door locked teasing the Christmas tree. I have a lot more to explore.

I missed the Christmas tree but leave it to Red to make an impressive demo with lots of teasers of what is to come. ;)

Maybe the door is locked and time sensitive, only open on Christmas. I'll set my clock forward and see what happens. I wouldn't be suprised if Red put some easter eggs in here for us to discover.

I'm not trying to be mean, it is just my opinion:

I think that the previous design of the launcher and the RW bulletin board looked better than the current one.

Regards,

MCL

While I like the new paintstroked transparency layer looking UI , I do miss the appearance of wooden planks. Maybe the old one was a bit overdone in wood but I wouldn't mind seeing some wood planks or maybe a wooden sign that is in the ground and menu driven in the new UI.

Also, I have to nitpick about the look of the "milkyway" in the night sky unless it's established that we are on some far off world. But the milky way looks like two white fuzzy paint stroke against the starry sky. Here's the best I can find that represents its appearance to the naked eye:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/cv81p.jpg

So i had to try and... any idea when Hell will be available? Are there plans to make that a vertical-layered biome like some other future underworld areas? :-D

This is a hard coded playground which is actually not part of the world :D We used it as playground for testing various things and originally wanted to remove it for the demo, but it could still be fun to explore that part so we kept it in for the first demo release ;)

Yup! It's a awesome little area. I managed to shoot at the blocks and make them fall down.

So take this with a grain of salt but I'm imagining there's a reason why this chunk is showing but others are not. I flew out and recognized some of it from your trello. I guess this is not a seed-generated chunk but a modified chunk. still should not be visible from a distance.