Posts by botchikii

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

We released an update (0.9.2.3) which contains a temporary fix for the server list. Servers will now show up in the server list, but the IP which is shown in the Steam server browser (not in the game) might be wrong. But the IP which is shown in the ingame server browser should be correct (and connecting from the ingame list should also work). It might take some time until the issue is finally sorted out, we need to get in touch with some hosters about that, but this should serve as a workaround :)

Since this last update, my server don't show up in server list and appear «not responding» in steam server list (I have it in favorites). I can connect by IP with no problem. before that update, server was visible on both
    (self hosted server. Debian Jessie 64bits)

I have try the steam server. I have an error :

Just updated on Steam and in Multiplayer either can't see any Servers EXCEPT Default Rising World Server - or the other Servers listed all say their ping is 999 (and Default Rising World Server has a ping of 500something). (I use a Mac and am on the west coast of Canada.)

I think you have to wait a little for servers admins update the servers. As this is a big update server side (all servers need to be steam servers), we need to take some time.

Thank's !
    Just a little impression for few minutes of gameplay : crowbar is very nice indeed. so long we wanted to have planks back ! animation is nice. well done :) The crouch is much better now, thank's ! I would ask (but not for now) that crouch help us not falling, like minecraft (in some high grounds, it is very useful to know we can crouch and aim a side of a block without falling and dying)

What update script do you mean exactly? Basically there will be two ways to check the version automatically: on the one hand, you can get a json string containing all branches which are available on Steam (including the build number and version). On the other hand, you can also just get the current version number. The new links for these requests aren't ready yet, I'll post them before the update goes live

Actually, I use this script : Server Update Script which do the job very well. but steamcmd is not really an issue. I'm not a developer (I understand, but it's difficult for me to make automatisation script myself). If in the future, we will have a gameserver script, it will be perfect (I say that for the long run. It's better to have simple way to manage/update servers I think)

Hehe, yeah, probably we will blacklist these names from the game anyway Otherwise people could abuse it

Hey, if you do that, we will have no chance to welcome you if you want to visit our servers !

Hello.

It will be a big move for servers admins. I have few questions.

Server admins have to use SteamID for whitelist/blacklist/adminlist/banlist (or standalone ID)

Will we have an easy way to catch the steamid ingame ? not only for ban but for area protection or setting group ? if username is not unique anymore, we need to use steamid for those too ?

Server admins can reserve names on their server (and, in addition, block certain user names)

It would be useful to insert dev's names in config, or we will see many red51 running in our servers ^^

The dedicated server files will only be available through Steam (SteamCMD is sufficient and anonymous login supported). Standalone users can also play on the Steam server

I'm only worry about the update script at the moment but I guess we can adapt it for downloading the steam server (or have a new script for ?) I think of https://gameservermanagers.com/ which is very useful for managing steams servers (I don't know if we can add Rising World in their list)

Yes for sure ! Story must be writen and this game take time to build a story, so I think when you have some month/year/hours of gameplay, it can be smart to seat down in one your build and remember what you did and what you thought. But perhaps it's just me :D

It would be nice if we could add personal notes in our journal. And why not (I don't know if it is possible) have calendar logs : you can have history log when reading your journal ingame (on <date> we crafted a loom, 145 block id xxx). It would add some rp inputs. perhaps plugins can do that ?

We will think about the stack sizes. However, each clip holds 5 rounds, so basically you can already carry up to 80 rounds (for the repeater) in your ammo slots

You're right ! It's somewhat disappointing because you can't know how many rounds left in clip, but it' ok :)
    I'm just adding this up because I just realize that sounds effects changes when you change your shoes ! Walking on stone with sandals or hiking boots make differents walking sounds. It's awesome :D

I'm really enjoying the way you go. Customization (weapons, even if there are not yet so useful, give me cosmetics choices, same for clothing.). Did you plan scary/awkward masks ? (scream movies, or dark siths would be very nice )

I have a question about the personal light and the new helmet with light.

Why won't the helmet work when you equip it, as I haven't seen anyone else asking, it has to be me.
    Does it need some way to activate it besides just putting it on?

In survival, The Debug light have been desactived, not in creative. And you activate the mining helmet with the key usually used for the debug light.

After some hours of gameplay with the new update (and hotfix):
    - I like the new mining helmet for sure. The lignt and shadows are smart with new tools. I have noticed that the light turns out quickly when you craft something or change your item in hand.
    - I'm not too concerned by the P2P steam features, I'm using a dedicated server, so I can't tell nothing about it (except it is a very good think for lot's of people).
    - The glitching clothes are no more glitching as far as I test it.
    - Movement and stamina : I feel somewhat "hard to move" for the initial move (when not moving and want to move, the first step have some inerty I feel), after that it's ok ^^. I hope in future, we will have a more crouchy position, as the actual crouch is kinda « Arghh my back, I can't do that !»
    - I find the stack limit of rifle's ammo little too low (4), as you can store only 16 ammo total in the ammo slot. 8 or 16 should be nice.
    - Nice Ram optimization

Great update, as usual, thank's a lot !

Hello,

I have a java error on launch : (Debian Strech - Steam version