Posts by botchikii

Ce petit guide en image est une traduction d'un tutoriel Steam, réalisé par @Deirdre. Je me permets de le mettre ici pour les francophones.

--------------------------------------

Ce que vous avez besoin :

- Quelques blocs pour aligner vos poutres (woodbeams)
    - Des poutres de bois (woodbeams) avec la texture voulue (vous pouvez utilisez toutes les textures du jeu pour les poutres et planches (en console : "item woodbeam QUANTITÉ ID")
    - Régler l'angle de rotation entre 1 et 15 (en console "setr 1-15")
    - Activer la grille (G) à sa plus grande taille

Étape 1 :

- Placer les blocs pour faire un support pour vos poutres
    - Placer la première poutre (bouton droit)
    - sans bouger, utiliser "Page précédente" ou "Page suivante" pour modifier la rotation. Placer une poutre à chaque rotation, jusqu'à ce que le cercle soit complet. (pour un cercle à terre, utiliser les flèches gauche ou droite).
    - Faites attention à avoir suffisamment de poutres en main et que vous n'avez pas le mode "Jonction" (ENTRÉE) activé, sinon cela ne fonctionnera pas.

Étape 2 :

- Enlever les blocs (c'est plus facile de poser les poutres extérieures sans les blocs)
    Alternative : vous pouvez garder les 4 blocs du centre si vous souhaitez ajuster les rayons plus tard.

Étape 3 :

- Équipez vous des poutres que vous voulez placer sur la bordure extérieure
    - Réglez la taille de vos poutres pour qu'elles se chevauchent un peu
    - Utiliser le mode "jonction" (ENTRÉE) pour poser vos poutres, jusqu'à ce que la bordure soit complète.
    - Placer ces nouvelles poutres en visant le bord extérieur de celles déjà placées à l'étape 1

Autres options :

Les arches, tours et puits fonctionnent de la même façon, vous avez seulement à faire ces étapes sur le sol.

I have seen lot's of awesome blueprints in this forum. But It's sometimes hard to find one, at this time, there are 36 pages of them. Perhaps it's not the right forum for that, but I think It would be useful to manage them into tags/category/subforums ? Personnaly, I didn't import yet lot of these blueprints, because I want to create my owns and I find kind of cheaty to insert other's creations in my world, but I will change my mind because some of you are so better than I am ^^

This could be helpful too if one day, workshop will be add in the steam store for these blueprints. Some other games (Garry's mod for example) have a big choice of user's creations and categories's management help a lot for finding stuff, without searching into hundred (thousands) pages of contents. managing contents is much easier when it's done earlier I think.

Well, I want to be prepared for this new update and made some grinding. I bet for leather ant thread reel for clothing ? What materials will be needed for the news items (bows and arrows also need some) ? Some supplies want quite time to be made and I want to try all the new stuff we will have !

I think haters are not in the mood of the game (in his actual state). Lot's of games offers frequents updates and lot's of gamers want new things quickly. RW is a very solid building game (the best I have ever play) and each update rise up the level but it's a slow journey. The next steps, as Red51 says, are survival oriented and it will be great for "less specific gamer" and will show in reviews I think. Actually, you need to want building. Adding some challenges will help. But I think it's not the next update yet (player customisation is not a real game changer, it will be a base for more, as Red says). Perhaps more littles and frequents updates after that massive player's update will help too

Hello,
    I have noticed that bug (I think it's a bug) sometimes ago. When you want to place a poster on a table (well on a woodplank inserted on a table), the poster will spawn with a variable padding instead of the wanted placement. previsualisation is good but when placed, It is padded like that :

I found a workaround : remove the table, put the poster on the plank and after that, replace the table, it will be ok :

I try on survival and creative, same behavior. I did this example with table, but it's the same on cupboards. I tryed to put a poster of books in a cupboard and it had an horizontal padding (depends of the orientation of the poster I suppose).

Hello !
    I was cleaning my chests and found lot's of blocs I did'nt use on buildings. So I think about scrapping. We have a grinder no ? (I try to put some in but it didn't like them ;) ) Seriously, I don't know if it would be difficult, but it would be nice. I always craft more than I need, and with all the differents shapes and textures, it can be difficult to store them all in a good way (I'm a little ocd for chests management :p)

Have you got storms or some thunder related issue in your area ? I say that because I have some related issue with my connection and my server 15 days ago and It was a physical issue (phone cable was damaged, and so DSL was so bad). Normally your ISP support can monitor that issue easily but you need to call…

Very nice tool :) Thank's for that, we are now able to present our server and goals. Good job !

As this place shows almost everything, it would be genuis if each server have a "forum" on its page. but perhaps it's too offtopic with the stats site (but admins and players could talk about the servers and that could give useful informations for players interested in that server)

Strange. My game is not launching anymore this morning, I never had this error before. This appear when JIW logo comes on screen, with a delog popup. I put the logfile in attachments.
    I restart my computer, nothing better. And I did'nt made any computer update since yesterday.

I run on Debian Jessie (with oracle java). with steam version of RW

Java
    Error initializing FMod
    de.jiw.fmod.core.FModException: An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
    at de.jiw.fmod.wrapper.lowlevel.LowLevelSystem.setDriver(Native Method)
    at de.jiw.fmod.wrapper.lowlevel.LowLevelSystem.setDriver(LowLevelSystem.java:44)
    at content.audio.c.<init>(SourceFile:102)
    at content.Game.initSoundState(SourceFile:2116)
    at u.g.d(SourceFile:87)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)