Posts by Chrisx84

3)TRANSPORTATION and storage

not only horses, as i read somewhere...coul be funny some cart like in minecraft!

even storages (personal too) should change a bit...maybe adding the weight...so you cant transport 1000 wood!!

Trains for me please. I'm a huge rail fan.

Thanks Chris
    When using /addplayertoarea Admin NAME, do you know if a first and last name works with a space in between, like Joe Blow or are only single names valid without spaces?

Akeel

ah you been having issues with spaces too. For some reason /addplayertoarea Admin Joe Blow seem to not work for me either, think its how the 3rd command is processed.

setplayergroup is correct of how you have it here. setplayergroup Chrisx84 builder

As for AP. Get AP2.0 and for adding people you need to type the correct spelling, it just cant be Chris it has to be Chrisx84, as a example.
    For expending lots, you can either make a new protected area right next to the current one and name it the same or can /removearea and redo it.

i am a fan of his adult comedy and when i was a kid i use to watch thomas the tank engine with him as the narrator.
    RIP George Carlin. Need more people like him.

I did notice that, but Vornet is a lot for the kind of server I'm looking to run. If that script is completely separate from Vornet then that's different... But if I have to add ALL of Vornet I think I'll pass. At least for now! It's an awesome script, but I'm not looking to have a server with an economy system, leveling, etc...

well meh on you too :P
    Not hard to write up a /home script for english people, all i do is save the location of the player when they do /vn sethome

Code
    local sethomepos = tostring(event.player:getPosition());
    database:queryupdate("UPDATE player SET home = '"..sethomepos.."' WHERE name = '"..event.player:getName().."';");

then when they do /vn home the code is this

Code
    result = database:query("SELECT * FROM player WHERE name = '"..event.player:getName().."';")
    if result:next() then
    local homepos = split(result:getString("home"))
    event.player:setPosition(homepos[1],homepos[2],homepos[3]);
    end

So not really that hard to write your own, just use Area Portal or VorNet as a reference to get ya started with other code you need.

if your referring to starting a server up with server.jar then that be why you had a runaway app. Have to start the server with either the included .bat for windows or the included .sh for mac and linux.
    Windows: win_startscript.bat
    Linux: linux_startscript.sh
    Mac: mac_startscript.sh
    Clicking on the .bat / .sh for the operating system your running the server on will bring up the console.
    For linux start up in terminal (and through ssh) the command i do is

Code
    ./linux_startscript.sh start && ./linux_startscript.sh attach

then i just do ctrl+shift+A+D to detach once i see that it bind RCON and HTTP to the ip i set in the server.properties.

rotation of blocks would be great, but can already do all of that with blocks and objects (except for rotation for blocks)
    just left click the bp build first to set it and use the arrows and plus & negative buttons to move, holding shift and arrows rotates objects like tables and barrels.

Question:

I am quoting above the Home script by TutMeistensNix. However, this script has German texts, while I have seen running on several servers a functionally equivalent script with English texts.

Does anybody know if it is a different script or just a translation of the same script?

i like to know that too. I had a hard time looking for a english version of /home so i just wrote my own into VorNet.

that error log has nothing to do with ZScript. ZScript has been working perfectly since its last update.
    Those errors are caused by the new api system red is setting up and it looks to me that Maksim cannot be authenticated with the authentication part of the new api system.
    Going to need red to look at this one.

awesome list Miw and thnx for putting me in that list but you forgot the h in my name xP
    also the LEVEL UP server is using VorNet unless your talking about another money script that has the same name as the server.

ty, ya everything i have ever done and will do in the future is for free. i enjoy coding just as much as you guys enjoy playing video games like RW.
    I was thinking for the stock exchange to be game wide so servers that have a currency system in place that sell items can base their prices on the exchange rate on the site. And so far what i have seen of those servers who do sell items for in game money (NOT REAL MONEY) dont force players to buy those items. Like LEVELUP server, they sell ores, tools, weapons, food but dont block their players from getting those items on their own and LEVELUP dont ask for a single real life dollar.

In fact the only 2 things i have paid for since starting this game on May 5th was the game itself and the server i got my rising world test server on. thats it which i love to see :)

Agreed. Red can chime in anytime but I personally dont see any ill intentions. But I try to assume positive intentions in everyone unless evidence points otherwise.

Sorry for your loss. May it route in peace.

agreed, it was just a idea that i'm willing to scrap and sorry to pull away from the actual topic, wasn't my intention.

May your router enjoy sending and receiving data in router heaven.

Fox re-mentioning what Chris mentioned, yet I"m loving this idea of having a script calculate supply & demand so NPC Traders could make use of this. The traveling merchants that we're bound to get, and the players themselves. For immersion I guess you could have these NPCs keep track of it for you while having them in your settlements (if admin, or player recruited).

Not really sure, yet think Wurm Online/Unlimited has something to do with NPCs for this type of thing, or at least similar.

great idea arct and ty. all coding work i do will always have a json api with it so once we able to do in game networking, server side scripts would be able to pull the exchange rate of things from the exchange site which btw will NOT require real money despite what SOMEONE else thinks.