Posts by Chrisx84

dude i never had a minecraft server and my idea requires NO real money at all. When im finally able to get VorNet networked with a external server there will be NO real money exchange at all so i dont know where your thinking that there will be exchange of real money.
    All my 15 years of programming i never EVER once made something for real money, all my coding work has always been for free for all.
    Ya i made some money doing special LSL scripts for people in opensim but they kept insisting on paying me.
    I code because i love to code and learn new things about coding in different languages and what i like to make in code is usually for all to enjoy FOR FREE!

I'm on disability so im financially fine in real life and im not greedy that you seem to think i am so please BACK OFF and get all the facts before you attack me like that again!

Red said he will likely raise fuel consumption 5 times. I think its safe to go 10 times but we shall see.

im very tempted to start a little fake stock exchange for rising world where people can "buy & sell" stocks of coal, iron, copper, etc. and servers with currency that buy and sell that stuff can base their price off of the exchange rate if they wanted too.
    But just a idea right now with how valuable coal is now becoming.

or can let the server itself edit the config by opening the console in game and typing makeadmin and the person's name.
    Example: makeadmin Charlie
    or can use rcon to do it, Servercontrol tab.

thnx eh :)
    the clouds over Ottawa last year was because Stephen Harper was still in office but not any more. Sunny ways are here to stay now thanks to our new, more awesome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, yes son of former PM Pierre Trudeau

oh god, home router port forwarding is such a pain, if you can afford it i suggest just renting a server either through a rising world hosting provider or get a actual server. either option are pretty cheap these days.

Finally I can get rid of all my coal :D :D

Arcane, I alway get around 90-100 fps. Can be something with your hardware, the 8670D is an integrated gpu, maybe thats the culprit?

sorry to bust your bubble but i got a nvidia GTX 750 and i sometimes get dropped down to 5fps and the highest is get is 60fps so i think there are memory leaks in the client and server because sometimes the cpu and ram on my server hits max then comes back down to normal.

Code
    HTTP Server bind to IP: 0.0.0.0:4254

dont bind to 0.0.0.0, always bind to your server's actual IP or to 127.0.0.1 if its just on your personal computer that no one is suppose to access.

in server.properties its server_ip= option.

Code
    server_ip=192.198.115.158

that binds my server to one of the IP's to my server so others can find and play on it.

awesome update except that the server now keeps wanting to convert furnaces and taking forever to do it. at first it was just 146 furnaces, now theres zero and still hangs at wanting to convert.

!!!!!!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Had to edit the Version field in the WorldInfos table of the mysql database from 0.7.1.1_29 to 0.7.1.2_30 to bypass the hanging furnace conversion. bye bye in world furnaces but its not like rock is hard to come by in this game.

yahgiggle's scripts are awesome and works perfectly. got portals and area protection 2.0 running on my server.

As for running a server, always gotta have admins to help get rid of trouble makers and help players with issues such as the famous furnace bug.

Running a rising world server through a hosting company like GTX is as easy as getting one for minecraft. pay for it, get the server side plugins you want, play with the configs, start it up and away you go, same with rising world.

For in game security, always use area protection. It protects people's builds, land, caves and chests.

For anti-cheating, well flying isnt cheating in this game, its allowed by using F2 if the server has it enabled for everyone.
    In the default.permissions file (in the permissions folder) just add

Code
    general:
    fly: false

then they can't fly.

Here's my default.permissions file for you and anyone else who wants to prevent new comers from flying and using blueprints but save them for if a chunk unloads.

btw i have bp's disabled to prevent people from coming to steal other player's work.

@Chrisx84: Which timestamp to you mean exactly? Some timestamps that are stored in the database are not presented in seconds, but in milliseconds instead.

in the Player table LastTimeOnline and in the WorldInfos table where Creationdate value is, both i display on a webpage using php's date() function to convert the integers to a readable format and the year always comes out with that 484xx where xx can differ for some reason

EDIT!
    yup, those two are in miliseconds and not unix. had to get my converter to divide the timestamp by 1,000

heres the location where blueprints are, thats after you have created a blueprint, even if its just a bp of a block just to get the game to create the folder.

Code
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Blueprints

That is where all blueprints you make are stored as well as where you put blueprints in from the forums and friends :)