Posts by Jon_miner

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Not sure if this is the right place to mention possible "bugs" and maybe this has been mentioned before, but I could not find it with a search.

It appears that you can "sickle" a newly planted vegetable sapling/seedling and get two saplings/seedlings. This allows a player to multiply their vegetable saplings/seedlings indefinitely with no grow time needed. Don't think this is an intended "feature".

Yup... your math is right. I was confusing RW minutes and real world seconds. Gets confusing :)

See your point on seasons. I hadn't done the math but 10days (real time) per RW year is shorter than I had guessed.

Thanks and nice job here!

BTW The settings that I was testing with are NOT settings I would use in the game normally. Weather should not change every 30-50 secs. I was even testing with game_time_speed set to .25 (~ 4secs/min) to speed up the testing.

This makes me wonder... Do you know what the "changesPerDay" and "Probabilities by type" are for the game normally (without the plugin running)?

Thanks Miwarre! The new version definitely acts as I would have expected.

I would have thought that my setting for changesPerDay of 48.7 would mean 1440 mins/day x 1.75 sec/min (game_time_speed) / 48.7 changes/day x 60 sec/min = 36.4 sec/change (RW time).

I love your plugin here, but I must say that with RW not having separate weather patterns per biome and/or latitude and biomes are not in any particular latitudes, having "seasons" don't really make sense to me. It is easy enough here to set the probabilities the same for all periods of the year and this configuration allows for a lot of possibilities.

Great job!

Ok ran things for a while with a debug log running... Still seeing no weather changes.

I get lines like:
    Client sync weather: 0 -1 0.0 true
    and
    Client sync weather: 0 0 0.0 false

Could these lines indicate why I'm not seeing any weather changes?

Ok.. Tried this on my SP world.

According to the logs, the plugin loaded successfully, however I get no weather changes at all.

I used the attached settings.properties file. I set:
    settings.properties

changesPerDay=48.7 Which, if I understand this setting, should mean changes in weather every 1/2hr or so game time (just for testing)
    master=1.0 Use all weather types per probabilities.

See file for periods-probabilities, but basically a "linear" distribution favoring default/Clear (with little dense-fog) for all periods (no seasons for testing).

I would have expected changes in weather every 1/2hr or so of RW time, but it just stayed on "default" (used F3 to monitor).

Still not sure I understand "default" versus "clear" weather?

This sounds interesting... Going to give it a try.

Dumb question... How do you find out what the time of year is in RW time? I found it in the F3 info. Is this the only spot.

So if any of the numbers in the "Seasons" matrix are "0.0" then that weather will not happen?

Another dumb question.. What is the difference between "Defualt" and "Clear" weather?

In principle, it can be done. I do not have a clear idea how to access the details of permission files from within a plug-in, but I believe I can make it straight.

An important point is how may permission details should be taken into account and which ones. "freecrafting" only? also "infiniteitems"? Any other?

As far as I can figure the only one that pnb plugin should need to consider is the "freecrafting" permission in order to allow players with that permission to use pnb without cost. The "infiniteitems" permission would be handled via the group permissions files.

Think this has probably been mentioned before, but...

IMO there should be a faster way to fill a furnace. Like "Shift-RMB" will fill all the available slots with all the ore you are currently holding.

I'm sure there may be those that disagree and would argue that this is not "realistic", but this is my opinion.

Me again. :)

This plugin has been very useful and popular on our server! I was wondering if it would be possible to give the capability to make it so that people that have the specific "freecrafting" permission when using .permissions group files get the pnb's for "free". This would be in addition to the property that you provided to allow for "free" pnb's for "Creative Mode" (gamemode 1). Some servers have players in "semi-creative" mode. i.e. players in "Creative Mode" (gamemode 1) but restricted permissions to only give them certain Creative Mode capabilities.

I hope that I'm making sense here with my question.

Jon_Miner

Certainly and undo for blueprint placement is needed, but I think an Undo for any action is needed as well. A simple last action undo would help tremendously, but an undo/redo history would be awesome!

Not sure if this has been mention yet (in the germen posts) but could you make this so that the tp point numbers can be managed. In other words when you set a tp you give it the number you want versus auto numbering. Also allow you to remove a tp point without renumbering the existing ones. This would allow someone to have multiple tp points in a multiplayer environment that the number to particular areas of interest won't change and you can have like a tp point /tp 666 to say "hell" or /tp 911 or 999 to say "Fire/Police Station". And have "Player tp's" to their areas without them getting renumbered if you have to remove one.