Posts by Jon_miner

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Seems for me to work "Ok" in SP mode, but few comments/suggestions:

- If you play around with selecting and reselecting floors with the GUI while things are operating, eventually things get out of sync, "messed up"
    - In multiplayer, again, if u mess around (and players will) with two people selecting things at same time, it gets "messed up"
    - The interaction with the GUI does not work properly if the "Interaction" key is set to a mouse button versus a keyboard key (middle mouse button in particular). The GUI remains stuck open and you can't "Execute" the floor selection.
    - Suggest that the GUI have a "Close" and/or "Cancel" button and/or "X" close box.
    - Suggest the GUI have an "Execute/Go" button versus hitting the "Interaction key" again (related to the not working right with a mouse button)
    - Need a method (like red wireframe block) to select the placement of the elevator in-game versus having to edit the .elevs file and restart/reload the server. Also a GUI to be able to select the type of elevator, #floors, floor spacing, etc while in-game versus editing the .elevs file and requiring a restart/plugin reload.

LOVE THE IDEA HERE THOUGH!

This does not help me with what I wish to do. The "Shopper" group is what I want to do for permissions. The part I am not sure how to do is assign "all users" to that group "setplayergroup <player> <group>" including any new visitors to the area. Maybe this is not really possible, but I thought there was a way to have a "community chest" in an otherwise protected area.

Has anyone done this?

What do you mean by make a new group? How would you give all players "Shopping" permission for instance without adding every player to an area one at a time?? And how would a new "visiting" player also get "Shopping" permission in an otherwise protected area? Looking to try and do a "community chest".

Would love to see the ability for console commands as well. Would be great to have plugin commands too including the results/output only back to the RCON console (like say /tp list). A cleanup of tree stumps would be nice too.

I haven't seen any mention of it in the forum here, but does anyone else have issue with water in the new update?

I see the edges of water everywhere curved down. Even the oceans. Also water seems to show through the terrain worse than before. Also find a lot of "ponds/pools" not even filled.

Is this just me and my junk graphics card?

My only other thought is, if there is no longer anyone actively "managing" the server (an owner), then maybe a request can be made to GTX Gaming to have the "owner" changed to someone else with "full access". From what I see (brief look) on how the GTX Gaming hosting works, there appears to be "tools" available to do just about anything necessary with the proper access. At least an ability to get the server logs. Database access mods may not be directly available, but maybe the DB can be downloaded, edited to remove my player data and then uploaded to the server again....

When you say "a database in the RW local files", do you mean local to your computer or local to the server? I would think you would have to get access to the database on the server, not the one on your local computer. Maybe @red51 can explain things better. Do you have the ability to turn on logging on the server (I believe by editing the server.properties file game_debug_console property) and send red51 a log? I suspect not. It appears that if an "owner" of the server can not be contacted, then I will have to just abandon my efforts on this server unless red51 can come up with some other idea.

You will only loose your current inventory, and you will also respawn at the default server spawn (so you have to find the way to your home).Alternatively a serverlog would be very helpful (containing the moment when you tried to connect).

@Eomaetheus
    Eom,
    Could we try and see if we can delete my playerdata and/or capture a server log while I try and connect?

Is Steam Cloud Sync enabled? In this case Steam uploads your world to the cloud and downloads it again if it is missing on your client. By default it is enabled, you can either disable it globally in Steam, or per application (to do that, rightclick on RW in your lib -> Properties -> go to the "Updates" tab -> uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Rising World"

Thanks for the log file :) Everything seems to be fine there... I'm not sure, but it looks like a serverside issue, maybe your playerdata is corrupted (at least if you can connect to other servers without any issues). If you have contact to the serverowner, you can ask him to delete your playerdata in the database.

Thanks red51... Steam Cloud Sync was enabled but don't think that was causing any of the issue. That makes sense now.

If the server owner deletes my playerdata will I loose my build progress on the server?

Yes, Steam does not delete game folders that were created after installation. Since the "Worlds" folder is only created when you create your first world, it does not get deleted. In order to get rid of it, you have to delete the "Rising World" folder in "steam/steamapps/common/" manually

I deleted the entire "steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld" folder and my single player game still was there after re-install??

I working on getting a log file...

I noticed a couple of things that don't seem right...

First, when I do a clean install ("Delete Local Content...." in Steam, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld, restart, reinstall in Steam), I still have my "Single Player" game... Not sure how that is still there? Is there something else that must be deleted? I did copy the "RisingWorld" folder elsewhere to be able to restore my single player world.

After a reinstall, if I do "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...", it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired". If I verify again, it says "All files successfully validated". If I then run the game and don't even open any world at all, quit and "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." again it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired" again???