Posts by yahwho

Haha I think I know what the problem might be. . .

When a player initialises a popup I register a new event listener. I *think* I need to somehow kill the event listener once it's been used.

I'm looking now, but do you know if there is something like "unregisterEventListenter(this);" ?

I was calling this.destroy(); but it may not be killing the event listener? I dunno. lol

This is confusing me a little. So I hope it's a bug that can be squashed. . . (or me doing it wrong ;) )

Code
    Inventory inventory = player.getInventory();
    inventory.insertNewItem(itemID, variation, 1, playerInventorySlot, slotType );

When this code is called the first time, I get 1 of the items added to players inventory and message saying 1 added - all good.

The second time I call it I get 2 added to the inventory and a messages saying 3 added

The third time I call it I get 3 added to the inventory and a messages saying 6 added

The fourth time I call it I get 4 added to the inventory and a messages saying 10 added

The fifth time I call it I get 5 added to the inventory and a messages saying 15 added

The sixth time I call it I get 6 added to the inventory and a messages saying 21 added

The seventh time I call it I get 7 added to the inventory and a messages saying 28 added

I've also tried:

Code
    Inventory inventory = player.getInventory();
    inventory.insertNewItem( itemID, variation, 1)

This still results in weird behaviour.

(I put a literal 1 int in to make sure it wasn't my cache file spewing out garbage.)

p.s. I know pnb works so I'm even more confused :)

Just for reference you can actually turn off most stream features like cloud syncing:

1) In your Steam Library, right-click on a game and select "Properties."
    2) Click the "Updates" tab.
    3) Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization."
    4) Click "Close."

Turn off updates

• Open your Steam client.
    • Head over to the Library tab present at the top of the screen. Now all your games will be listed in the left column of the screen.
    • Right click on the game you want to change the settings of and select Properties.
    • Once Properties is opened, head to the Updates tab located on the top of the window. Now you will see an option regarding automatic updates. After you click Automatic Updates, a drop down menu will appear and you will be able to choose from three options available.

No need to think about it - it's a great game and the cost is defiantly worth it.

I put off buying RW for 6 months, just wish now I hadn't! :D

Hi @red51

There will be some methods in the next update to show/hide the inventory as well as other screens (journal, chest content, map)

Would it also be possible to hide show the icons for say health bar, food, water, bleeding, freezing, and sprint? (and others I may have missed off that list).

From what I understand it is the future of the Java SE versions. . . (i.e. none enterprise). Java 1.8 will become EOL in 2020 (that doesn't feel that far off now).

I've been watching Oracle seminars and reading as much up as I can on it, but its a minefield!

The version 11 license main points are (full licence at: https://www.oracle.com/technet…cense/javase-license.html)

The main concern is "You may not:- use the Programs for any data processing or any commercial, production, or internal business purposes other than developing, testing, prototyping, and demonstrating your Application;"

On the other hand I have read that OpenJDK will be free as well as Amazon is making its own OpenJDK available https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/

I really do hope I'm reading too much into this and its only enterprise and embedded systems that are going to require these eye watering licence fees.