Posts by yahwho

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Maybe I've done something wrong?

I downloaded the 0.9.0.1 server files.

I renamed server.properties to server.properties.bak

I renamed default.permissions to default.permissions.bak

I replaced these two files with the files from my 0.8.2.4

On first running the server I got this (its the ERROR ones that worried me)

Now if I open a chest I loose anything in my inventory slots?

I know, hence just hoping. I'm an advocate for Open Source, especially with non-commercial stuff.

Projects tend to only get better once you've got more heads involved - Linux for example! :thumbsup:

Worse case I bet we can reverse engineer it LOL

Sorry for my late response! :/ Your permissions file is correct. Unfortunately the game currently only supports item restrictions, no object restrictions (e.g. furniture, workbenches etc)... However, we will add support for object restrictions with the next update (tonight) :)

You're quite alright I guessed you'd be pretty busy at the moment. I did think it looked like only items worked and not objects. At least I know I wasn't going mad! Will the syntax be "item" or "object" (I'm guessing the latter).

Code
    objects:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - workbench2

I don't know if this information helps but this is the machines spec:

Clean install of Windows Server 2012 R2 STD
    Clean install of MySQL Server Community Edition
    Dell PowerEdge T420
    Xeon 2.4 Processor
    8GB ECC RAM
    1TB RAID 0 HDD
    ESET File Security AV

This is a dedicated server which is just going to host one world on it.

I've not done anything "clever" or done anything different to that of the installation guide.

I've tried adding the code

Code
    items:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - workbench2

To the guest permission instead just incase the default one didn't like it. But I get the same console error / symptoms.

It does seem that I can block any item but not any object. ?(

Edit: maybe I should wait to see what happens when I update the server to the latest version tonight?

Yeah when testing I have removed myself from the admin list firsts.

I've tested this by trying the command object workbench2 1 - which as expected I get a a "you don't have permission" message in red. Other commands are blocked too as you would expect.

I then go to my workbench (seen in second screen capture) and the workbench2 isn't listed as locked and you can still make/craft it.

I've also tried this for other objects and they too seem to display the same "symptoms" i.e. message on the console and ability to craft the item in game. counter1, counter2, counter3 etc

So the YAML has been a bit of a learning curve. But I'm getting its quirks now I think. I've managed to block the creation of items using:

Code
    items:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - lumber

Can anyone show me the syntax for denying the workbench2 object?

I've tried the following but neither of them work :(

Code
    objects:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - workbench2
    items:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - workbench2