Posts by yahwho

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't really help.

The server is online and working. The config file segment is like

Code
    items:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - tnt

As soon as I modify *just* the tnt text bit to say "radiator" such as:

Code
    items:
    crafting:
    deny:
    - radiator

I'm getting "WARNING: Permission for item id radiator not found"

For future reference you can always press Ctrl+F on your keyboard and search for a string like the word "search" (in this instance). I often use the 'find' facility to navigate websites quickly.

Hmm still struggling with this. ;(

I'm getting warning messages such as: WARNING: Permission for item id counter1 not found

As a test I just replaced the tnt text under crafting deny to counter1 and I got the above warning message, I've also tried it for things like workbench2 and radiator.

OK I've worked it out! Thanks to Red post on Steam :thumbsup:

Here's the file if anyone else is looking for the answer too

Hmm this is my test permissions file (default.permissions)

Lines 20-24 create a NullPointerException?

Hi, I've read the post that Red's done here - Permission system

In it he says at the end "One final note: You cannot change the permission files during runtime yet. In other words: You have to restart the server once you have done some changes to any of the permission files "

I previously had omitted any pvp statement so the default was on. I've now added pvp false and restarted the server but the server is still showing up as pvp enabled on the server list?

Great thanks migdyn!

Ahh I see that console commands are disabled by default :) I guess people need access for options like "hud"

You know when you create a new world with the server there is an option for ore "server_world_oreamount=3" (default)

Do you know if a smaller integer means more ore or less? I've set mine to "server_world_oreamount=2" as I want the ores to be more hard to come by. . . but I've just found some silver right up on the surface so I'm not sure if I should have set it to server_world_oreamount=4?

OK I've done this so far. . . (been reading Permission system)

It's hard to know what the options are as I'm not sure of any resources to check apart from this forum and all the available options don't seem to be listed. . . (a comprehensive set of examples would smashing:)

I guess currently I would like to know;

1. if it's possible to turn off the console for users? (I guess this is my most important question)
    2. if it's possible to set it so that you can't destroy objects/blocks that someone else placed? I see there is destroyblocks, destroyobjects under world permissions but I assume this means for everyone including a users own blocks / objects?

Also, in my server.properties file I've set server_world_disabled_dungeons=underground,underwater,surface but there still appears to be surface dungeons albeit without chests in them?
    OK I've deleted database and created a new seed. Seems to have solved that one.

Hi everyone!

I love this game. As it turns out I may have a spare Dell Power Edge server that I could donate to the community as a permanent dedicated server.

She's an old girl with a 2.4 GHz Xeon X3430 Processor with 8GB memory with Server 2012 Std.

Q1. I've seen that the game was originally using SQLite but it's now recommended to use MySQL, first of all I take it there is no problem with me using MS SQL Server 2017 Express edition instead?

(I've seen the config file now, so I'll KIS)

Q2. Is it possible to block certain objects in the game? I want to make this a medieval / castle building server and I don't want modern objects allowed.

CHEERS!

Did you buy the game recently? Your talent is amazing! Congratulations! Question: Have you tested Planks & Beams ?

Yeah I bought the game just over a week ago now.

Built two castles so far but still very much learning - both with just simple blocks.

I've currently made a new creative flat world which is going to be my "workshop" to start creating blueprint ideas (replicating the fireplaces and crenellations manually in the first ones was very time consuming!)

I've only just learned about Planks & Beams and still getting my head around the orientation controls.

But I've seen on these forums and YouTube the things that some of you guys are making with them - I'm really impressed!

This really is an awesome game and it's only limited by your imagination.