Posts by Lilli

WE removed and reinstalled the game...(forgot about keeping my map..not happy about that one) When I logged in within less than 5 minutes the game locked up.

I usually only have skype, steam, & rw open when playing this game. This game does not like to let you off the screen to do anything so I don't. I do not have problems in other games I run through steam or on line.

I am a frustrated player that cannot play in the game.

Daniel I cannot find where to pull up the report you displayed. As far as other things went the historical for earlier went with the game I did not see your request. As for getting a report anytime near this happening when the game locks the only solution is to not close the game gracefully but to x out of it. Too frustrated and too tired to look again tonight will see what tomorrow brings.
    My husband will test the disc tomorrow. Will let ya'll know the results.
    Thanks again for all the help with this.

My computer has 12 GB of ram
    I have been playing the game for 9-10 months
    this problem just started in the past couple of weeks.
    when the problem started I could play for about 4 hours before I noticed any problems. The time lessened as the problem has persisted.
    Now it can occur shortly after log in, time play does not seem to be an issue
    today as soon as I put it into creative mode the game locked.
    I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
    I could not even attempt to try to run the game without the antivirus software, Let's just say my computer may as well be a brick.
    We already play on a dedicated server. there are only 2 of us on the server.
    When this happens in the game I cannot even get the tilde key to work. When it was being sporadic I did manage to get a report or two but I am not sure which one showed the problem.
    The person who is playing on the same server. same world, same time together does get slowed down when I am near but his game does not lock up. (don't think this matter but when it comes to computers I figure mentioning is better than not.

I have 3 screen shots for you
    The times on the screen shots are sequetial
    1-Just after opeing steam & RW
    2-When the game freezes. ( I did not take another after getting out of RW as it only dropped for a wee bit to 90% then it spiked up and fell again but not below 86% each time it dropped it went back up)
    3-After I closed the steam launcher on my screen.

I do know that the only time my computer gives me any problems is with this game. (I do play others including occasionally another launched by steam) This usually happens (but not always) when two of us are in the game together. This last episode I was by myself.

My husband said something is setting up a memory loop. He says he has eliminated (as possible causes) everything else on the computer but this game. Since he is currently working 60+ hours a week I cannot get him to look into this further or I would. (He looked at more places the about the third time this happened, but heck if I know where he looked or how to get there) The following screen shots are in the order they were taken the last being when everything to do with the game that I can shut down was shut down. Thanks for taking a look as it is frustrating to have this happen everyday.

Oh and normally when not playing this game and playing other games the disc space generally goes from 4% to 10% depending on what I am playing or what work I am doing on the computer.

I have no error reports. What I do have is RW or Steam using up 100% of my disc space making the only solution, turn the computer off!
    If I do manage to get out and close the game down by not shuting off my computer, I can still see on my task manager that a lot of disc space is being used. When I look for the applications it is all of the steam applications. when I try to shut down my computer the first thing to pop up preventing me from shutting down it says puts up the Steam app. If I do not shut my computer down overnight & I come back in the next evening (about 16 hours later I can still find that upwards of 90% or more of my disc space is being used by steam. Not sure whose problem this is. But this is getting ridiculous. I have taken to restarting my computer or shutting it off every day. sometime I have to restart it just to be able to continue to play RW. I love the game but it is getting to the point where I can hardly get a project done because of this issue. When my partner and I play at the same time if we get near each other in the game one or both of us bog down. (probably a separate issue) None of this can possibly be normal. Tell me what you need me to find so you can see what the problem is. I have requested several reports when I could get a response from the game. Maybe I am not expressing myself well as I do not know much about computers however my husband is a computer engineer and I usually go to him before I say anything here. He increased the memory buffer months back that solved the initial problems I posted here. this problem leaves no tracks for me to forward to you that I can see mostly because I do not know what to look for. He said a memory loop keeps getting started and the game just exponentially keeps taking til it takes all the computer has to give. I can't get out of the game. I can't go do something else. I can only shut the computer down. Are there any suggestions or solutions for this one?

This is truly amazing. So well thought out. All those twists & turns - then you managed to toss in a loop too! Hope to see more of your projects! Thanks for sharing

Thanks a bunch. I am far from having any abilities in fixing or making changes on my computer! However I had a similar problem once before with an item that had a lot of construction in it. We did increase my buffer space at that time. I felt I had too many bits in my current project and was removing them when the error occurred. Perhaps I need to expand the buffer again.

I did restart the computer right away and it behaved for the most part. However it was still using on average 88% of the memory with spikes into the 90's. I think I will ask for an upgrade for the next gift giving occasion :D

I already had increased my buffer memory weeks ago and had not had any problems until today. I was not adding anything to a previous build but was breaking construction and objects off of it. So not sure what changed about it. If you would rather have the error log from the game just let me know.

There is also a debug log (04/25 10:32) if you need that.
    Thank you for all the time you take with this game.

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9.5.7_39 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 8408, 12159 MB (4225 MB Heap)
    AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340 20190326000000.000000-000 25.20.15031.1000
    Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 20170602000000.000000-000 22.20.16.4691
    at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
    at com.jme3.util.ReflectionAllocator.allocate(ReflectionAllocator.java:174)
    at com.jme3.util.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:1000)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.AWTLoader.load(AWTLoader.java:136)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.AWTLoader.load(AWTLoader.java:183)
    at com.jme3.texture.plugins.AWTLoader.load(AWTLoader.java:192)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadLocatedAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:259)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:373)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:390)
    at com.jme3.texture.Texture.read(Texture.java:614)
    at com.jme3.texture.Texture2D.read(Texture2D.java:215)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.readObject(BinaryImporter.java:342)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavable(BinaryInputCapsule.java:457)
    at com.jme3.material.MatParam.read(MatParam.java:368)
    at com.jme3.material.MatParamTexture.read(MatParamTexture.java:104)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.resolveIDs(BinaryInputCapsule.java:483)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readStringSavableMap(BinaryInputCapsule.java:667)
    at com.jme3.material.Material.read(Material.java:1019)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavable(BinaryInputCapsule.java:457)
    at com.jme3.scene.Geometry.read(Geometry.java:685)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.resolveIDs(BinaryInputCapsule.java:483)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArray(BinaryInputCapsule.java:471)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArrayList(BinaryInputCapsule.java:587)
    at com.jme3.scene.Node.read(Node.java:755)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:242)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:125)
    at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:109)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadLocatedAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:259)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:373)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:416)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:420)
    at A.d.a(SourceFile:66)
    at A.p.a(SourceFile:15)
    at z.a.a(SourceFile:92)
    at z.b.<init>(SourceFile:208)
    at w.a.b(SourceFile:382)
    at content.Game.resetGameContext(SourceFile:3560)
    at w.c.onButtonReleaseEvent(SourceFile:2176)
    at de.jiw.gui.elements.Button.onMouseButtonEvent(Button.java:399)
    at de.jiw.gui.core.Screen.onMouseButtonEvent(Screen.java:1721)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.processQueue(InputManager.java:833)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.update(InputManager.java:909)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:313)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:198)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Files

• debug.log

(67 Byte, downloaded 496 times, last: )

Thank you for sharing your creations. What you make has to take a great deal of time and patience. Sharing them with all of us helps to turn our ghost towns into communities. Only wish we could use more of them. Now if we could just get a sphere or even a half sphere to manipulate! I would like to think that might make it so we could use more. (I know I am being greedy :whistling: ) I love everything have been gracious enough to share with us. :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Posters work great for rugs. Copy yourself some rug pictures (make sure you actually get the picture and not the web site) easiest if you just copy and paste it somewhere then save it as a jpg or other compatible format for the game. (I usually use one of the paint programs I have then I can cut out things I do not want) Save it to a file you can easily remember or find. left click with a poster in your hand then follow the instructions.

There are a couple of great rugs in the blueprints. Not sure where but look with all languages available. Then just look at them. You may find other things you like while exploring.

Have fun.

PS Perhaps this would have been a better post in the forums!

While logging into the game a message displayed about an error with the steam update. I closed steam and restarted the whole process again. I did fine while I was alone in the game. I went tho where the other person was developing an area along an ocean biome. When I got near to where I had done some work earlier in the game I saw what I had done but nothing of the odeth things that had been there for days and the game got jumpy. I sat for a bit waiting for the game to catch up. When I arrived at the area where the other person had placed buildings They were not visible. I did a report and left the game.
    report_1555903959498 Upon returning everything was visible.

I apparently failed to delete a not so well place blueprint so we were dismantling it. Immediately the game became unresponsive to efforts to use the pickaxe. It became inaccurate at what it destroyed for both of us in the game. We were on opposite ends of the structure. I was kicked from the game at least 3 times before I decided to log out of steam and reboot the server
    hs_err_pid36688
    hs_err_pid34076
    report_1555906493848
    hs_err_pid16104
    config
    Upon reopening steam it updated once more but took much longer than usual in the updating.
    As soon as I was reentering RW the other player began having problems again. Problems began again immediately same as above. I did a report and left the game. The other player remained and all his problems disappeared. upon looking at the files I saw the hs err message also

report_1555906643738
    hs_err_pid6912

All the errors are attached below (if I did it right)
    If I gave too much information let me know! Just did not want you to have to play 20 questions.
    Thanks a bunch

Lilli

2019-0421 7 error rpts.zip

I have actually watched this more than once! The boxes and barrels on the side of the pier as you walk down it. Adding the dog nice touch. The ivy growing on the building, it looks 3-d. The netting was a great touch. Putting the spinning wheel outside of one of the buildings. Thinking about it it is a logical place to spin on a nice day. The logs on the wagon. The water wheel in the middle of it all with the waterfall in the background. Very nice. Those are the bits I can recall. But as I have said before I enjoy your work. Quite authentic looking.
    I love that the rat that was walking along your wharf.

I enjoyed viewing your harbor. I wish you would have looked up a bit more. The little touches through out were great. Not sure I would have thought of making pigeons! The birds up in the sky looked great too! So much to see. Thanks for sharing.