Posts by james1bow

im wanting to do a pets plugin at some point and would like to keep them small. anyway we can get an npcTransform cancel-able ?

you should setup all your UIelements first under say onplayerconnect like this

my panel is displaying correctly

the code i used just to test the event method should get called on any uielementclickevent. all my test code (below) should do is print the player name and element id anytime my panel is clicked.

Java
    @EventMethod
    public void elementClickTest(PlayerUIElementClickEvent evt){
    player = evt.getPlayer();
    String playername = player.getName();
    System.out.println(playername);
    int elementclicked = evt.getUIElement().getID();
    System.out.println(elementclicked);
    System.out.println("processing click");

ive been trying to get this method to work for a few days now. Ive went as far breaking it down to see if i could find an issue on my end. the event is being triggered but nothing after. Ive also made sure to register a listener

[Java] Trigger Java event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.ui.PlayerUIElementClickEvent@29b39dca

Java
    @EventMethod
    public void elementClickTest(PlayerUIElementClickEvent evt){
    player = evt.getPlayer();
    String playername = player.getName();
    System.out.println(playername);
    UIElement elementclicked = evt.getUIElement();
    int id = elementclicked.getID();
    System.out.println(id);
    System.out.println("processing click");
    }

if this is something on my end i apologize!

that looks good ... can you choose a destination here, e.g. uses a private portal to then reach a public one?

Of course you shouldn't reach private ones through public portals ...

or does one portal only lead to another portal (counterpart) when i use it?

my plans are......someone places a portal. you can edit color of portal name and add a short description. you can set a portal to public or private. ones that are listed as public will be select able from the public list. private portals will only show for the owner. a player can place one portal and use it to access all of their portals as well as all that have been set to public. im also thinking of a variant that has no effect so players can create their own portal rooms.

The first version of WTGPortal's is ready.

You tube video here.

To Use:

Press the U key to open the menu.

Placement/edit options:

Name : enter a name and select the update button.

Set Hidden: currently not used! in the future this will be used to hide you're portals from other's. (currently only your portals and public portals are visible to you).

Set Public: allows the portal to be shown in the public portals list.

Set assist: is used if you have a hard time being detected in the portal. i will try to improve this in the future.

known issues:

when a portal is deleted or the portal assist setting is changed the player has to log out and back in for changes to take effect.

page number display not working.

currently no setting file.

Future Plans:

multiple portal variations.

portal tokens that will require crafting in order to place portals.

public and private teleportation scrolls to be used when there is not a portal around.

sound effects.

setting file to limit placed portals as well as crafting recipe's for tokens and scrolls.

To Install:

extract the WTGPortals.zip to you're plugins directory.

(tested and working in single player as well as dedicated server's)

To Update current install:

to update extract the most recent file and drag the WTGPortals.jar to you install folder and overwrite

v1.1 update:

fixed issue where you could teleport to a public portal but not from a public portal

(if you can travel to a portal you can also travel from the same portal).

v1.2 update:

fixed background image to support compression

Files

I second this!

Thanks for the log james1bow ! It looks like the PlayerKeyEvent isn't triggered correctly in multiplayer :wat: We will fix that ASAP! Other events should work fine though ;)

Thanks you! i had had a lot more in there and removed it trying to figure out what was going on. That's why the initialized plugin variable was still there.

i have been toying a little with the api and have run across an issue. when using any EventMethods i get errors and it doesnt work when being used on my server. plugin works as expected in single player. sorry in advance if its just me!

Files

• error.txt

(2.17 kB, downloaded 104 times, last: )

For some reason the JVM could not be initialized :wat: Either the jvm.dll (in /Java/JDK/bin/server) could not be found (or the file is broken), or some dependencies are missing :thinking: The only dependency I could think of might be VCRedist... but maybe try to validate the server files first (just in case the download got corrupted ;)

jvm.dll is there. i managed to get it working but i had to move the install back to C drive.

[EXCEPTION] Unable to initialize JVM

DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library '../Java/JDK/bin/server/jvm.dll' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - The specified module could not be found. (WinError:0000007e)

at JIW.JNI.Wrapper.JNI.CreateJavaVM (JIW.JNI.Wrapper.JavaVM& vm, JIW.JNI.Wrapper.Env.JNIEnv& env, System.String[] options) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.PluginAPI.JavaRuntime.Init () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Server.GameServer.LoadWorld (System.String worldname) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Server.Main.InitServerWorld () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Server.Main.InitServerContext () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Server.Main.OnPostInitialize () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

RisingWorld.PluginAPI.JavaRuntime:Init()

RisingWorld.Server.GameServer:LoadWorld(String)

RisingWorld.Server.Main:InitServerWorld()

RisingWorld.Server.Main:InitServerContext()

RisingWorld.Server.Main:OnPostInitialize()

RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication:Update()