Posts by james1bow

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

found i minor bug. when equiping a cycle using right click from inventory it will not harves and i get this in the console Player james1bow illegal state: Vegetation remove: There is no sickle equipped

The terrain is wonderful and remapping my movement to the arrow keys seems to have been worked out, so Im definitely feeling the pull to step back into it.

Must have a map though as I cant go exploring and find my way back. If there`s a reason your avoiding a map, maybe a small crafting item that lets us place a marker and when we pull the compass up an arrow(s) are seen...Main base1, base2, etc ?

I think your really onto something here. RW has a vibe Im not seeing in the other survival games out there.

for now you can press F3 twice to get coords. write them down and use the goto command to tp there

Thanks a lot for the log! :thumbup: There is unfortunately a memory leak which causes the OOM error... we'll prepare a fix for this, it will be ready in the next couple of days ;)

Actually the player count doesn't matter that much, it's more about how much of the world is explored during a session ^^

i kinda figured the server shouldnt be using that much. set the vm up for dynamic ram 18-64 gb. dont think ive had a crash since.

Maybe we could have a Rising World Alexa to put all the lights on and out. I use same lamps with same color and have to adjust each light individually.

maybe a control block you can wire lights to. use the control block to control the settings for all. timer blocks for flashing lights. switches to turn off lights control blocks and timers.

which is not so simple as it sounds. german law doesn´t recognize "donations" in this meaning. jiw is not working for humanity but to produce something and sell it. therefore "donation" is not the right term. and finance administration would be really investigate why a company gets money "for free" from people who already paid for the product. economic-wise it makes no sense.

he would have to pay taxes anyways, therefore at the moment still the best solution is to buy additional copies of the game. ideally the standalone version. i know it feels "wrong" to buy keys knowing you won´t use them but if you want to support thats (at the moment) the best way.

i did not know this. it does make sense. maybe ill buy a few keys and offer them for prizes on the server or something

from what ive heard the dev team is two people red and an assets guy i think. any type of sales system for real money would increase work load. i would think the best way to increase profits would be to get the game further along. that being said it would be cool if red wanted to set up a donations link or something.

love this idea. i myself have gotten the game 3 copies for my boys one for my wife and 2 for nephews. once im back to work(shoulder injury) i may buy a few and just throw them up here for whoever wants them?

i agree 100 %. then to come here and ask for help with a pirated game!

Did you just confirm that you played an illegal version? :thinking:

i just confirmed there are about 200 rising world torrents on the pirate bay website. dled one in a vm and it works. not sure what red can do about it.

im wanting to start planning player placed able markets(buy/sell). im going to do this with a place able seller npc. i would like some input on the way it works. npc has attached storage player places items in said storage and sets sell buy prices. i was also thinking....i could do it so there is a buyer npc and a seller npc. when one is placed it uses all chests in a set area. player would then for example interact will seller npc select set prices and it would just bring up a list of all items/objects in game to set prices for. i think this way you could set all prices and just drop whatever in the chest as its collected. i feel this way if a player has a buyer and seller npc and someone sells something to it...it would automatically be for sale with the seller npc.

hope this makes sense. would love to hear peoples thoughts about this.